Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
though that was the case, sure i read somewhere they can reduce turbulence, but then i again i also read that elvis was still alive so i guess i can disregard that
YH and YF are being fitted with IFE and sent to TUIfly nordic(so if they do come back all of Thomsons 767 will have seatback IFE)
mikeandrach,
I could be incorrect im sure if you Wiki it will fill you in more than I can.

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA,
There the two that are leaving yes! Do you know if Thomson are returning there 767's back to long haul configuration for next summer?

Z.J.C
Hi all,

At the beginning of august this year I booked 6 seats on a Thomson flight to Palma for next June.

Flight no TOM 4452 at 16.55 Now this flight isn't showing anymore, only the 6.15am one is for sale, can any of you great airline people put my mind at ease & confirm this flight will still go ahead or will Thomsons put us on the earlier flight? I realise I have booked early, but we wanted to book the apartments direct at the same time thus getting this years prices!

It won't be a problem as long as we still go the same day, although I do have the paperwork printed off & this says Confirmed.

Thank you for anyone who can shed any light on this for me.

Deb.
debdon,
The flight may have just filled up but again I can not tell you if it has or not. If there is a problem Thomson will write to you telling you about it and listing your alternatives. It could be as it is Summer 2010 they have not perfected the schedules yet and are still doing some tweaking.

You have no need to worry if you do feel the need you can always give them a ring to double check.

Z.J.C
Hi,

Thank you z.j.c, yes I did think it could be booked up already, but thought it was early. I don't mind as long as we go on the same day. I actually booked my BIL on the same flight 22nd aug (decided to come with us).

Also thought about ringing them too, I may do this if I don't hear anything soon.

Just a bit concerned as Palma flights are being dropped from other airlines for next year, maybe Thomson will only be doing the 1 flight a day.

Appreciate your help z.j.c, thankyou very much.

Deb.
debdon,
In 2008 we flew Thomas Cook to Larnaca and they sent us a letter informing our flight had been dropped but a new 7AM flight was put in its place and we had been transferred to that.
I would imagine in the next few weeks you will get a letter, if you don't just give them a ring and they will give you the information.
They will accommodate you as you have already made the booking.

Z.J.C
Thank you again z.j.c, you are a star. I will give them a call in the next couple of weeks. Would you have any advice as to which would be the best no to contact them please.

I will report back.

Thanks again.

Deb.
debdon,
I am a big fan of http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php if you simply type in Thomson it brings up a whole list of alternative numbers for Thomson including 01 and 0800. Any one of these numbers should be more than helpful and try to ring around 10Am when the lines are a bit quite.

Z.J.C
Again BIG thanks z.j.c I will do that.

You are an asset to HT.

Deb. :cheers
debdon,
Thank you very much,
Always nice to receive Thanks :D

Z.J.C
Thanks for the swift reply Gower, but you have me a tad worried now as TOM 145 is our return flight and is still showing on the Thomson website...
NeilTheBeaver,

Sorry My Mistake, Normally People Go For One Or Two Week Holidays But Yours Is An 11 Day. I Am Pleased To Confirm That There Is A TOM145 Back To Manchester And Aircraft Details Will Be The Same As My Last Post

Gower
for our flight this year i called thomson 4 weeks before departure and chose my seats, at a cost of approx £25. i think i heard somewhere they are changing things so you can book much further ahead, is that correct? we go to marsa alam next august so a while to go yet, but does anyone know if i am correct and if so when i can choose my seats, assuming they offer this service on shorter flights like manchester to marsa alam
mikeandrach,
They are changing the service soon so they can offer it online but I am not 100% sure about the time limit. Im sure someone else will have more information on this but all I have heard is there offering it online shortly.

Z.J.C
thanks for your reply.

assuming this is correct, are there any seats you would reccommend, assuming the plane is a 757?

does anyone know what routes thomson use airbus on? i really hope they change this flight to an airbus but based on prvious trips to egypt i guess a 757 is probable
Hi,
Have been checking on the arrival status of TOM055 from Male to Gatwick, as this becomes my flight TOM076 out to Mombasa & have noticed for the last 2 weeks it's been consistently late leaving. Today's flight is due to leave at 00.40am at present & I'm not looking forward to spending long hours at Gatwick North with not a lot to do.....
Does anyone know why it's been so late?

Thanks for any help,
Ang
gobofraggle,
There are many reasons why it can be late, could be ATC delays could be passenger delays could be even a little thing. It's just one of the things you can not really predict. I don't think its been a aircraft issue as its been going out on the correct aircraft. I couldn't tell you but I someone else may be able to provide a more detailed answer.
Thanks z.j.c, will just have to make sure I buy lots of books to keep me occupied then :)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.