Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi to all
Sorry to be a pain but I would like to know aircraft types and wether they are EX FCA or TFly that are operating TOM060 LGW-SFB 31st Jan and TOM4524 LGW-REU 7th May. TIA
John
thejohn,

LGW-SFB-LGW (TOM060/1) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.
LGW-REU-LGW (TOM4524/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.

You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
wow :) many thanks for the super fast reply Dazbo you really are a star :D
flying tom 138 glasgow to la romana 7th march is this the ex first choice plane if so whats the configuration please are the meals still aldo zilli inspired? also how many times to we get fed never done long haul flight before? thanks in advance. any pic would be great.
allymc1,

TOM138/9 are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below). You'll get a meal approximately 2 hours after take off and a snack box about 90 minutes before landing.

Darren
Hi

I've just booked a thomson flight for me and my wife to mexico on 23rd Jan, TOM076 out and TOM077 back.

I've checked the seat plan and there are only seats left on there (particularly on the way back) at the back of the plane near the toilets.

If I dont pre-book seats and go to twilight check in, am I likely to be split from my partner?

I dont want to pay £50 extra to choose a seat next to the toilet !

Also, if I use twilight check in for Mexico do you get the boarding passes and seat numbers there and then or do you have to re-queue in the morning like the US?

Thanks
Richard
rickyrick,

Welcome onboard :tup
There are no guarantees you'll get seating allocated together. However, the vast majority of passengers will be allocated seating together. Due to the nature of aircraft seating and configurations (you're travelling on a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER), it's unfortunate that some will inevitably be seperated. Thomson Airways operate a computer model to allocated seating before the flight in order to minimise this. For peace of mind, you can pre-book seating together or select your specific seats. I've just done this for my flights in March as I want a particular window seat (at no cost as it was included). You should get your boarding passes at the time when you use twighlight check-in for Mexico. They only retain boarding passes while the day of departure for America (Sanford).

Darren
Flight to Goa from East Midlands - where does it come from
We are getting a first choice/thomsons flight early hours of thursday 14th Jan, does anyone know where it comes from prior to arriving in East Midlands please
ccee26,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please provide flight numbers when making requests. This ensures we get the right flight and information as there are sometimes multiple flight, thanks. EMA-GOI-EMA (TOM172/3) is operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below). The flight prior to yours is TOM116/7 (MAN-Male-MAN). The aircraft positions down to EMA after operating that fight.

Darren
On teletext yesterday, the flight from Goa to Gatwick was showing as cancelled. Was this right? What happens to the people in Goa?
Mobor One,

What was the flight number? TOM052/3? If so, TOM052 seems to have operated as normal. There's no record of the return flight however. It may have diverted to another airport because of the weather (unlikely as it would still use the same flight number and I'd see it) or if it didn't operate (probably a technical problem), passengers will be kept in hotels until the flight can operate.

Darren
I've just found out that there was a hydraulic failure on landing at Dabolim, but it has since been fixed and the flight is due in later today.
Mobor One,

Thanks for the update. That's the second time that aircraft (G-OOAN) has had a hydraulic problem in just over a week if that's the case. It diverted to Manchester from EMA while onroute to BGI on new years day with a hydraulic issue. Nothing much to worry about though, they have 3 hydraulic systems onboard.

Darren
Report in local newpaper:

http://www.navhindtimes.in/news/goa-news/7277-emergency-landing-at-dabolim-pilots-alertness-averts-tragedy

Sounds like it caused a fair bit of trouble as it couldn't be moved from the runway to allow other planes to land.

Dazbo
second hydraulic failure in a week?
Is that usual?

Polly
Prettypollycat wrote:
second hydraulic failure in a week?
Is that usual?

Depends if it was the same problem or something unrelated. Aircraft hydraulics are quite complex and control lots of different systems. What ever is the case, it's not a problem as there's plenty of redundancy and crew know how to deal with things.

Darren
Hi.
We are flying glasgow to sharm el sheikh on 19th May 2010 flight no tom 712 and returning 29th May flight no tom859.
Could you tell me what type of aircraft we will be flying in please.

Thanks
Garry
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.