Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
thanks for the replyn re east midlands goa flight
Darren,

Flying to Bodrum from NCL on 20/5/10, returning on the 27th (28th actually) on TOM764/5.

Can you let me know aircraft type?
IainB99 wrote:
Can you let me know aircraft type?

I sure can!! NCL-BJV-NCL (TOM764/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi thanks for the replies to the flight from galsgow to la romana darren cheers
another quick question if any one can help going for a wedding and taking kilt but dont want it to get squashed in luggage would it be possible to take on as hand lugage and would cabin crew have some where to hang it up for us? not just kilt full outfit but would be in suit bag on hanger.
allymc1,

You can take the kilt etc in hand luggage providing it's within size and weight limits for hand luggage and you comply with restricted items, ie there's nothing sharp on it. Cabin crew can't hang it up for you though. It's best to put it in hold luggage if you can.

Darren
Think those 767s may be getting a bit old chaps?

Papa
Papa wrote:
Think those 767s may be getting a bit old chaps?

What makes you say that? They are well maintained airframes with another 10 years in some of them yet! The interiors, particularly on the ex-FCA's are starting to get a little tired, but apart from that, there's plenty of life in them yet. If everything goes to plan, they'll be starting to be phased out and replaced by 787-800's starting May 2011.

Darren
767 fleet age is between 10 and 17 ys ..still quite young for a modern airframe
My post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek.I think the average TOM 767 age is around 18 years so there is a fair bit of life in them.

Darren,have to agree the ex FC stuff is looking a bit tired but I doubt they will re-fit them now.

I look forward to flying on one of the 787s it certainly has been a long wait.Watched the first flight online and it looks a beauty.

Papa
Can someone help? On Saturday 20th February 2010 we are flying for accapluco to Manchester on TOM 193 leaving at 21.15. Does anyone know what kind of plane will be making that flight?
Thanks in advance
derekwc,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER in the Thomsonfly configuration. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see link below). The flight routes via Orlando Sanford for refuelling.

Darren
We are going with Thomson from Gatwick on 27 January 2011 to Havana, we return from Montego Bay. The flight code is 50200. Does anyone know what aircraft this will be? I am looking for a seat plan to look at the premium seating arrangements. Thanks.
sulu,

50200 is a flight reference number from the brochure rather than an actual flight number. If you're flying in to Varadero then transferring to Havana (I suspect you will be, about 2 hour transfer by road), flights are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER, the same for your return from Montego Bay. If you're flying direct to Havana from Gatwick, it won't be with Thomson Airways and will be with Virgin (747-400) or Cubana (Ilyushin Il-96-300). Thomson Airways don't operate to Havana International. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below) including seat plans for Thomson Airways and Virgin.

Darren
Thank you for that information. I will now check with my local Thomson office who assured me yesterday the flight was with Thomsons and a direct flight to Havana.

PS
Thomson insist they are flying into Havana next year. The flight number is TOM 088 out, TOM 087 return, the airport code is HAV, Varadero being VAL, according to them. They cannot confirm the type of aircraft yet.
  • Edited by sulu 2010-01-12 11:55:49
Hi
We are flying from Gatwick to Cancun 1st April in the premium section. Can anyone tell me what meals are being served on the long haul flights at the moment? I have checked through the search option and cant seem to find anything recent.
Thank you.
Tabby.
Tabby,

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA posted some meal information here. They change for the winter season but it'll give you an of the sort of thing to expect while BY-TOM-AMM-FCA can update us.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.