Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello,
Can anybody tell me what plane will operate the Birmingham to Kavala Tom7702 20th of June flight.
Thanks in advance
  • Edited by cilan537 2010-03-08 12:38:47
Hi there, just wondreerd if anyone could give me any information please. We are going to Sharm on 2 May 2010 from Doncaster Flight number TOM612 and retuning on 13 May on flight number TOM367. Just wondered what aircraft these are and what the seat configuration is, also does that particular plane type have tvs in the headrest? Trying to igure out how to keep 2 young children occupied for the duration of the flight, however long that may be, have been told from 5hrs to 6 hrs 25 mins.

Many Thanks :think
Cilan - Its a B757-200

Holly,

Its down as a B737-800 (Winglets), IFE screens are overhead, and not seatback im afraid.

Config is 3-3.

You are probably right with the estimate and mainly looking between the 5.5hr-6hr mark.
Tom328/9
LGW - SSH
4th July 2010 - Outbound
18th July 2010 - Inbound

Anyone know the aircraft and if ex thomsonfly or ex first choice please, also if the plane will have winglets or not, i think only G-OBYD and G-OBYF do?

thanks
alexblfc,

Your Flights (TOM328/9) will be operated by a Boeing 767-300 (winglets) (short haul confiuration)

Most likely to be an ex Thomsonfly.

Of the 767's Currently G-OBYD, G-OBYH, G-OBYG, G-OOBL, G-OOBK have winglets (G-OBYF is with TuiFly Nordic)

Gower
Thanks Gower,

by short haul configuration, would that mean overhead IFE or seatback or in isles?
alexblfc,

Shorthaul would be Seatback IFE with a 30" Seat pitch

Gower
Thanks gower, really glad there will be seatback IFE, otherwise you get off the plane with a sore neck
Hi

what do TOM flight codes with a F at the end mean eg TOM 2227F on 20th April - what does the F stand for please ? Thanks
HuddersfieldTourist,

Thomson Use an 'F' on the end of the flight code when it is a positioning flight e.g. an empty flight from Cardiff to Gatwick. (The flight would have no passengers on)

Gower
Many thanks - it seems a bit odd that the flights appear on the Thomson Airways Timetable if you can not go as a passenger - as they are not totally relevant to the public it may be fair to expect that they would not appear on the general public booking website !! Thanks again !
Ok, thanks for the info, BEfreeTODAY, i was hoping for the 757, but the 737-800 is a nice aircraft, do u know the registration of the two 737 -800W and the 757-200 that will be based at EGFF for the summer season please ?
Thankyou flyinghigh for that info. We have booked seats 5 CDEF and 6 DEF is it possible to confirm whether these seats have definately got a window?
Many Thanks
Im nearly 100% that they do, i think its around row 9-11 that theres no window as electrical cables and wiring runs down. You should be fine on the row you have chosen though :)
meyrick

Not at the moment unfortunately, usually they do rotate between airports to allow servicing and maintenance to be carried out so the chances of it being the same all the season is very slim.
Hollym17

Flying High is 100%, You will have no problems at row 5.

meyrick,

As BEfreeTODAY says aricraft get rotated regulaly through the season so that they can have maintenence checks and for other reasons. This means that one aircraft is never specifically based somewhere.

Cardiff however are due One Boeing 737-800 and One 757-200

Gower
Hoping to go to Florida this easter does anyone know which planes are the star class first choice ones?
I know originally it was FCA - MCR thursday , LGW Fri is this still the case as there is more flights now on sundays/mondays etc I would prefer to be on the FC first class plane with more room.So which is which? I'm open to where we fly from.
All of the 767-300's long haul have star class (economy) and premier class (a bit better than economy). There is no 'first class' plane. Premier is a far cry from first. Supplements apply to upgrade to premier, and do sell out fast. Legroom is the same on the old Thomson 767's and ex First Choice 767's. (33'' in economy and 36'' premier) The only real difference is the seat layout, FC being 2-3-2 on most and 2-4-2 on ex TOM.
Flying High:-
Star Class was the branding of First Choice, none of the fleet have a "star class/Star Class premier" cabin any longer it is Premium or Economy. Ex- Thomsonfly aircraft have slightly more legroom in premium= 37" vs 36"

Bunny74
Easter Dates to Orlando, The week before and week after are operated by the same aircraft.
02/04/10 TOM134/5 MAN-SFB-MAN ex-Tfly
02/04/10 TOM176/7 EMA-SFB-EMA ex-FCA
03/04/10 TOM058/9 LGW-SFB-LGW ex-FCA
04/04/10 TOM834/6 BHX-SFB-BHX ex-Tfly
05/04/10 TOM060/1 LGW-SFB-LGW ex-FCA
06/04/10 TOM112/3 MAN-SFB-MAN ex-FCA
It's worth mentioning that aircraft can and do get changed at very late notice sometimes.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.