Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for that Darren. I did look through the link you provided before posting my question. I could not find a map of the internal lay-out of the plane. I am not too worried about there being a window, although that would be nice. On the route to the DomRep, there is virtually nothing to see but the Atlantic for most of the flight.

The graphic which Thomson provided for me to choose the seats was just a solid block of squares indicating which seats were available and which were not. The diagram was not divided up in any way to indicate where the emergency exits or toilets were located.

I think the die is now cast and my main concern is that my companion and I are sitting next to each other. I went for a window seat hoping that the lay-out was 2 + 4 + 2 so we would have the two seats to ourselves. We are both small and not wide!
MrsKris,

The seat plan is here: Boeing 767-300/ER (283 / former Thomsonfly long haul). The What Aircraft? guide is a little complicated due to the number of different aircraft types and versions airlines use. I'll try and make it easier to navigate one of these days!

Darren
Hi,

Does anybody knows what type of adapter I need to buy so that we can use our own headphones on the plane. We are flying on Tomson Airways 767-300/ER V2 to Punta Cana.

Many thanks
Gema
soldemar,

You'll need a twin 3.5mm mono to single 3.5mm stereo adapter, like this.

Darren
Hi Darren,
I have to agree on the airframe but the working conditions for the Cabin Crew are really bad,and you get the BA cabin crew on strike give them a couple of Cape Verdes on these buckets and they would have something to complain over,again Hats off to the crews a really top job.
When we fly to cuba from manchester on july 15th leaving 09.15 with thomsons do they have the day before check in for this flight
Jack
hi last year we booked our holiday online and a few weeks before we were sent a seat plan so we could choose our seats. This year we booked at the travel agents and are due to travel in june with reserved seating and I am wondering if we will be able to choose our seats again. Thanks for any info. :tup
tabbycat,

Anyone who has booked with Thomson or First Choice can select their seats. All you need is your booking reference number and you can do it online or over the phone. You'll find seating plans linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) and will be presented with available seats online if you choose to book it that way.

Darren
jackmax,

Day before check-in is available from Manchester and Gatwick. You'll find further details on Thomsons website. I would ask the question of whether it's actually worth everyone going to check-in the day before, all passengers must be present. It helps reduce the stress of queing on the morning of your flight as it does get busy in T2, however if you have to spend a couple of hours the day before going to and from the airport, it seems hardly worth it to save 10-30 minutes on the morning of the flight.

Darren
Darren
I have booked to fly to Turkey from Manchester on the 15th June 2010 TOM512 do you know when I will be able to select my seats

The Preacher
The Preacher,

90 days before your departure date. A date when it'll become available is sometimes shown on your booking confirmation.

Darren
Thanks Darren, we are staying in a hotel the day before we fly so it saves us having to keep the cases in the room if we decide to go out for a meal or go into the city centre
Hi Darren
Nothing on booking confirmation, I will give them a ring.
flying with first choice 8th April Gatwick to Cancun flight no; TOM092 any idea what aircraft it will be i.e; layout in premium cabin, and any links to or ideas what films will be showing please
Return flight 22nd April flight no; TOM093 same question :)
DOUGALSMUM,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM092/3) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). We don't have the long haul IFE listing as yet.

Darren
Hi there,

this is such a good forum, you guys are so informative and I am so glad to have found this site! :cheers

I am flying LGW-Cancun-LGW 19th June - 3rd July.

I am wondering if this will be a Thomson of First Choice plane. We have upgraded to Premier seats, so apart from the layout, is there really any difference? We have booked seats 3a and 3b.

Also, do you know of the IFE? And one more thing...hehe...do you know where the plane will be coming from on the outward trip? (I'm not worried about the return trip, the longer i'm 'on holiday' the better! ;) )

Thankyou to anyone who replies, Kat xxxx
oops :duh with regards to above post the flights are TOM78/79? Def TOM 78 on outward flight.

Kat xxx
Thanks Darren

great help again.

Gema
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.