Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
so why are they stopping IFE on flights, it cant cost that much to put a dvd on, and dont companies pay to advertize, this is one of the reasons i am not fling with thomas cook this year
jmac / Grahamy,

Please note nothing is confirmed yet, it's just expected from November. I don't have the definitive answer, but it's partly due to cost and passengers aren't watching IFE as much as they used to on the shorter flights. With low cost carriers not offering IFE and the high cost of showing films, it's the way things are going. It's a very competative market. If Thomson advertise a price of say £70 for a flight and a low cost carrier advertises the same for £50, which are you going to choose? Same with holidays, the price of flights is reflected in the overall cost of the holiday and the demand is for cheaper holidays so something has to give in order to maintain competitiveness. I agree with you that offing IFE and greater baggage allowance would be something I would look at when boking a holiday and would pay that little extra for, but that's not the way things are going in the mass market.

Darren
:wave: Hi Darren.
Flying from Gatwick to Heraklion 9-19 June. Flight Number TOM 4470 outward and return flight TOM 4707.
Please could you tell me the aircraft we will be flying on.
Many thanks once again
Sue ;)
sue136,

LGW-HER-LGW (TOM4470/4707) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi, I'm flying on TOM118 from Manchester on 14th May and although I know it will be an ex-first choice plane I was wondering if you could tell me specifically which plane will be operating this flight please.

Also, I've had a look at the Spring 2011 inflight magazine - will this still be the one that is issued on the planes this weekend?
Hi, :wave:
I know this might be too early, but does anyone know what inflight movies are showing on Thomson Longhaul in July this year? Thanks :)
chloe_wrench

July movies won't be released until the end of June.
Hi, first time user on this site but I have been looking for aircraft information everywhere!

Do you know which aircraft is used for flights TOM2560 (Manchester-Tenerife) and the return flight TOM2203

First time flying with Thomson so just curious, thanks
chloe_wrench,

The IFE is linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) and is updated every 2 months once it becomes known.

Darren
alice_rach,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-TFS-MAN (TOM2560/2203) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul / winglets) / Boeing 757-200 respectively. This is assuming you're flying after 13th May. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Can you tell me what plane the TOM022/TOM023 flights will be? I have selected seats 33A+B and 31A+B respectively but looking at the flight plans I can find none of these seats seem to exist? Its flying out on the 5/6 and returning 19/6 Gatwick to Cancun.

Thankyou!
bluesocks,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM022/3) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Row 31A/B and 33A/B are 2/3 the way down the aircraft on the port side, by the window.

Darren
Nothing really suitable for young children in that list, think Scooby Doo is about the best but think that's more for 5/6+? Taking our portable DVD player with us with In The Night Garden, Chuggington and Roary DVD's.
Not the cheapest of options, but we've found the iPad invaluable for our 2 year old - he'll watch Toy Story or Ice Age or Up again and again throughout the flight!!
Budget wouldn't stretch to an ipad. Planning to get a tablet device when iTunes release a new version that won't work with my iPod Classic bought in 2007. Price of iPads will have to come down for me to consider one of them.
Thomson/FC holidays for Summer 2012 are now available to book online but flight only is only up to April - anyone know when they release Summer 2012 flights for booking??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.