Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks darren. Do you ever manage to get away from your computer? I dread to think hiw many posts you do in a day,but thank god we have you.x
care bear,

A combination of pc and mobile phone so I can check on things anywhere, signal permitting!

Darren
Darren,

ref Boeing 767-300ER (LGW-CUN)

Presumably, the trays are in the arm rests because the seat back, in front is, too far away. Therefore, am I correct with the assumption that the central arm rests, in the Economy cabin, can be raised?

John
One last question,then ill leave you be. With regards to the ife,can we take our own earphones,and do they just plug in or is an adaptor needed,n how much do these things cost generally if we get them on the plane. Its been a while since have flown n cant remember.x
care bear,

As long as headseats aren't wireless, you can take your own but you'll need an aircraft adapter in order to get stereo sound (3.5mm twin mono to 3.5mm stereo). They're about £2 but you can't purchase them on the aircraft anymore, you can only purchase headset at £2.75 a set. I beleive Asda sell the adapters as well as electronics stores like Maplin.

Darrren
Thank you. Will check out asda. The headphones arent wireless so will be ok.
pizzajohn,

No, the tray tables are there because it was the option chosen by First Choice due to the size of the IFE screens on the seat back and the position of the remote controls under the screen. There isn't the room for the tray table to fold up on to the seat back. The ex-TOM aircraft have them on the seat back as they are touch screen so there's enough room under the screen. It's only 3 inches further away so it doesn't make a lot of difference, it's not like in business or First where you have 60+ inches seat pitch and can't reach the seat in front! Arm rests in economy can be raised, it's only the premium cabin that can't (ex-FCA).

Darren
Hi Darren,

You didnt have the summer schedule before to confirm which aircraft type, but I think it may be a 737-800 now. Are you able to confirm?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: THOMSON AIRWAYS ... Q&AsPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:12 am

WellFan,

I don't have the full S11 aircraft schedule as yet, but MAN-PMI-MAN (TOM2328/9) should be either a Boeing 767-304/ER (winglets) or Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Hi

I posted a question regarding our flight from DSA-AYT on 19/05 you suggested that we would probably be flying on a 737-800 however upon choosing our seats the plan only had 26 rows which did not look like the plan of the 800 if we are travelling on a 737-300 is there no in flight entertainment? Rather a long flight to keep amused if not.

Many thanks

Delly
hi delly70
It does appear that they used a 737-300 on 12th May on your flight. And the 300's don't have IFE at all.
I'm sure Darren will have more up to date accurate info though.
Maybe a good book will be needed!
WellFan,

MAN-PMI-MAN (TOM2328/9) is now showing as a Boeing 737-800.

Darren
delly70,

DSA-AYT-DSA (TOM438/9) are now showing as a Boeing 737-300. G-THOP is DSA based at the moment. Further aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Many Thanks for confirming that because Thomson staff did not know!!

Not that I am too happy about no IFE!

Delly
hi all, we booked our holiday in september 2010 to turkey in june. initially there was 5 of us in the booking and it stated that we had a baggage allowance of 20kg, however my sister and her son have since booked up to go with us (this was done in april) they were added on to our booking, so will they have the 20kg allowance or 15kg? i have emailed thomson and as yet have not received a reply. ill be grateful for any of your opinions. :) thanks
hildyl,

Baggage allowance will be stated on your booking confirmation and tickets when you get them. I would imagine the two added at a later date would have the lower allowance as they booked after the change, but Thomson will confirm it.

Darren
hildyl,
There's 13 of us going to Sensatori Sharm in 2 weeks.
12 of us booked in August and got 23kg, then the 13th just recently booked when the allowance would have been 20kg.
I think he should have had 20kg as per current rules but he got 23kg like the rest of us.
Hi,

Just wondered what plane we will be on and what the seat layout will be we fly to Antalya on 12th July with Thompsons , I think the flight no is TOM512 we have booked row 17 with extra leg room, are these seat ok?

thanks in advance
Littlebit,

TOM512/3 are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul / winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personal preference. Your seats are located at the front of the centre cabin and are fine.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.