Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Heya,

Not sure if it is too early to ask, but I am flying on the TOM618/619 flight at the beginning of July, do you know what plane we will be on?

Thank you in advance, I love the fact you guys are so helpful xxx
Littlemadam83,

TOM618/9 are operated by an Airbus A320-200.

Darren
Thank you so much for the quick response xxx
Hello again,

Does anyone know if its possible to fly into 'La Romana' airport situated in Southern part of the Dom Rep direct from the UK ? I am led to believe that Thomson Airlines once did it, but have now ceased for reasons I simply dont understand ? The reason I ask is that despite having a brilliant holiday in Bayahibe,we thought the 2 hour white knuckle ride from Punta Cana in a private taxi was dangerous at best, and bordering on near suicidal on the return trip !

Can anyone help ?

Rotterdam
Rotterdam,

The first time I flew in to the Dom Rep was in to LRM. Thomson Airways normally only fly in to Puerto Plata and Punta Cana. They fly in to La Romana on cruise charters on selected dates through the winter season. Thomas Cook used to fly in to LRM, but have scaled back so at present, it's only the cruise charters.

Darren
Next year all the Thomson cruise charters will be through Barbados, no La Romana unfortunately
Hi guys

All this talk of blue & green 752's has made me wonder now........

We did Birmingham - Sharm a couple of years back on a 752 and, even though the both of us are pretty well dwarf-like, it was still a bit cramped. Last trip was long haul - a much happier experience in all ways as always. This year we've decided to go South again but without the Atlantic getting in the way so it's TOM 216 Manchester - Rabil (Boa Vista, Cape Verde) 20th June, TOM 217 return 4th July.

I would hope that on a 6 hour+ flight those in the know would be using the more comfy Recaro equipped cabins (I'd even print a "I :love flight dispatchers" suitcase sticker ;) ) - is that, subject to last minute changes, certain/possible/dashed my hopes?
baz657,

Aircraft are swapped and changed on a regular basis so it's too early to know the exact aircraft being assigned other than it being a Boeing 757-200. To put it in perspective, G-BYAY (ex-TOM / blue) operated the first flight of the season, G-OOBH (ex-FCA / green) operated the second and G-BYAY the third.

Darren
hi all,
we're travelling from manchester to corfu on the 25th of july(tom2152) i've been told i'ts 767 i've been onto the thomson website to book seats most of the front seats have gone,but i don't mind as i prefer the back,the seat configuration is 2-4-2 and 47 rows,my question is does row 46a+b recline and also does row 47 recline too,i was also told the seat pitch is 30" i hope so!
thanks Alison.
Hi,

Any idea what type of plane will be operating on the route from Gatwick to Jamaica this Saturday (21 May), the code is TOM024 and departs at 6.15am.

Thanks in advance.
alisonm,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-CFU-MAN (TOM2152/3) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul / winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seat pitch is 29-30". The rear rows have recline, but it may not be full recline.

Darren
GPB,

LGW-MBJ-LGW (TOM024/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hiya,

I am flying out to Punta Cana on May 28th from Newcastle. TOM676

Could you please help me with the following questions.

Firstly what plane will it be? i know it is a 2-4-2 config as i booked my seats to make sure i sat with my daughter and secondly i heard that it flys to Manchester to fuel? is this true? will we be sat on the tarmac for a few hours before getting on our way?

Thank you :-)
Hi darren just the info I was looking for thankyou alison.
Hello. I'm going to Sharm from MAN on 8th June on TOM894 at 13:55 and we return on TOM 547 on the 19th.
On my previous 3 trips to Sharm with Thomson we've always gone on a 767 which has the rear seat screens where you can direct your own entertainment - good for longer journeys with kids.
I have since found out that the route was via 757 but, others claim that the aircraft will actually be a 737 800?? Not sure what type at all now. :que
Can anyone tell me the aircraft type and, what type of IFE to expect as Thompson claim that for long haul ( Egypt classed as long) you get the operate your own apparatus.
I'm assuming 5.5hrs on a 737 will be rank :cry
Thanks for any replies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.