Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Nikolic,

Seating is personal preference. Seats on row 12 are in pairs whereas those on row 32 are in 3's so you may prefer row 12 in that respect.

Darren
ami123,

Please quote flight numbers when possible as there are often several flights. This ensures we get the correct information for you. BHX-PFO-BHX (TOM7352/3) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
pallan,

Seating is personal preference, whether they are any good is up to you really. Row 4 on the 73H is the same as all the other rows in terms of seat pitch and facilities. Row 12 on the short haul 76W doesn't have a window, row 11 has a partial or full view.

Darren
Thanks guys !! Very informative indeed ! Is the exact route something you'd be aware of the day before yourselves, i.e can I ask you about it the day before flying ?
Julmops,

We won't know the flight plan. The only ones that will are the flight despatcher on the morning of the flight when the flight plan is filed, and the flight crew. They'll tell you once airbourne the exact route and you'll be able to follow it on the Sky Map. The majority of the time, you'll go across Ireland then trans-oceanic towards Newfoundland then turn and follow the eastern seaboard down to the Bahamas, over Cuba then the Gulf of Mexico in to Cancun.

Darren
Julmops,

You can also use a website called http://www.flightaware.com and put the flight number in. They haven't updated it so you have to enter in Thomsonfly and then your flight number. You can check the route it takes each week if it is of interest to you, to give you an idea of your routing.
As always, very useful, guys ! Many thanks ! I knew Flightaware ... Completely forgot about it ... :D
Hi Guys,
With all this talk of routes, I checked out two radar sites (flightradar24 and planefinder.net).
Question about callsigns - why do Thomson short haul use letters in their callsigns?
We all know, flight numbers as TOMnnnn (n=digit), but on the radars are TOMnxx (x = letter), ie TOM6HE and TOM98V are flying now.
Long haul don't seem to use this system.
Thing is - can't figure out which is our flight (this time next week!!).
(I know this is sad - but I like it!).
rhodgreen,

You'll find most airlines do it. It's because it's a unique callsign used by ATC to identify a particular flight, it's not the flight number. Some flights use flight numbers, some don't. The use of letter and numbers makes it easier to identify flights in a unique way. If you see these for example, TOM7114 and TOM 7177 on a screen, there's not a lot between them. If you see TOM17UE and TOM17FX, they look different so are often used. Thomas Cook use the same, so do British Airways on domestic flights.

Darren
Hi is there another site to look at the thomson airways flight schedule for summer 2011 ?as the ana website is still not updated still got summer 2010 and winter 2010/11.

col
uptoncol1,

Thomson Airways are no longer using ANA as their cargo agents.

Darren
Ok thanks ,so is there any other way of getting the flight schedule ? col
Hi,

TOM374 - Birmingham to Montego 30th June

Am just about to book my seat numbers. Can you confirm the aircraft to used and what rows/seats to be recommended?

Thanks
mrstobytyke,

BHX-MBJ-BHX (TOM374/5) are operated by a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER (long haul / winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personal preference. All seats offer the same basic facilities and seat pitch, so it's whatever you prefer really. There's aren't any 'best' seats. You may want to avoid the rows adjaent to the toilets due to passengers queing in the isles but other than that, it's whatever you prefer.

Darrren
Hi

Does anyone know if there is any truth behind what I've just read elsewhere. Someone has been told 3 times now by Thomsons (not Thomas Cook), that they are stopping winter flights (both LGW and MAN) into Puerto Plata???
Sunaddict,

That's the first I've heard of it. Flights are still showing on the schedule and so are holidays so it's not true as far as I'm aware. It's a popular destination so I doubt they'll pull out of their, especially since they'll be the major charter operator in to POP from the UK from November.

Darrren
Thanks Darren. That's what I was thinking, but this guy is adamant that he was told this by Thomsons!
From what I can see - they have pulled out of Samana?
Maybe he confused this with POP.
They are still offering the hotels though = long transfer when you get there (to / from Puerto Plata)!!
There's La Romana as well as the cruise charters aren't going in their anymore.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.