Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
nicki-noodle,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM062/93) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft and cabin photos, seat plans and current IFE. IFE for March / April (it'll be May / June on your return flight if you're away for 2 weeks) won't be released until the beginning of March. I'll update the list as soon as I get it. Seating is personal preference. There are no 'best' seats. All seats offer the same basic facilities so it's whatever you prefer. Note that row 9 doesn't have a window and there are bulkeads at the front.

Darren
Dazbo. I'm not criticising you, you do a great job on this site. I just thought you might be fed up with the same questions time after time, ie all the same questions re flights to CUN which we know are all on 767s.

I did ask a question about the flight hours of the TOM 757s which I enjoyed reading. With the 767s flying to all these exotic places, which I can't afford, I wonder if you could tell me the total hours on them please?
Qman wrote:
ie all the same questions re flights to CUN which we know are all on 767s

You and me might, but the members asking the questions don't or they wouldn't be asking!

Qman wrote:
I wonder if you could tell me the total hours on them please?

They fly roughly 18 hours per day most days so add about 450 per month to the numbers I gave last time for current hours.

EDIT: While I've got 5 minures, the only current figures I have are for G-OOBM;

G-OOBM: 59084 hours as of 31/12/2009
G-OOBM: 69859 hours as of 31/12/2011

They're doing roughly 5,400 hours per year

Darren
Well here goes another Cancun question Darren i asked you where the flight comes in from before our flight to Cancun from Manchester on Saturday the 10th of March (Tom 144) you requested i asked nearer the time? do you have any news on this.
qatarman,

The preceding flight to MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM144/5) is likely to be MAN-Barbados-MAN (TOM118/9). It changes almost weekly but it's normally the cruise charter on specified dates and there's one the day before yours in March.

Darren

PS Am I the only one not going to Mexico this year!!
Hi, I don't know if its too early to know.... but what aircraft will Thomson use for?

TOM4684 9TH JUNE 2012 LGW - KGS
TOM4685 16TH JUNE 2012 KGS - LGW

TOM4692 9TH JUNE 2012 LGW-KGS
TOM4683 16TH JUNE 2012 KGS - LGW

THANK YOU :-)
lee20sba,

Welcome onboard: tup

LGW-KGS-LGW (TOM4684/5) are operated by an Airbus A321-200
LGW-KGS-LGW (TOM4692/3) are operated by a Boeing 737-800

You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
greensides,

Welcome onboard

MAN-BGI-MAN (TOM176/7) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat plans, IFE, aircraft and cabin photos.

Darren

I have now been able to do seat selection and it looks as if TOM176 on 15th April has been switched to the Thomson plane. It's carrying passengers to the Dream Transatlantic crossing so I expect the extra capacity was needed. Pity

Alan
"nicochick,
TOM092 comes in from Orlando Sanford (TOM070/1) usually.
Darren"

Hi Darren

Is the above still correct?

Thanks
Simon
SJBeadle wrote:
Is the above still correct?

It varies depending on your date of travel. It's been a combination of Cancun (TOM048/9) and Holguin (TOM082/3). My reply to nicochick as you quote above was back in October 2011 when the summer schedule was in operation, not the current winter schedule.

Darren
Sorry, travelling this Thursday 9/2

Simon
SJBeadle,

It's more often than not the Wednesday Cancun flight (TOM048/9).

Darren
Hi. Was wondering if you could please tell me the aircraft types for these flights:

TOM2606 MAN - PMI, Sat 23 Jun 2012, Depart: 08:35 (was 06:00)

TOM2623 PMI - MAN, Sat 30 Jun 2012, Depart: 12:50

Thanks a lot!
Fly21,

MAN-PMI-MAN (TOM2606/2623) are currently showing as operated by Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul / 328 seats / winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks a lot Darren.

I know that they have got rid of IFE now on shorthaul (apart from the PSP's), but I know I did hear a while back that the 767-300ER shorthaul aircraft were keeping IFE due to them having the seatback tv's installed. Is this still the case or is there now no IFE on these aircraft also?
Fly21,

Even though IFE screens are still installed on the short haul 76W's, as far as i'm aware, they aren't used for IFE.

Darren
Hi

Not sure if im in the right place but im flying out from lgw 01/03/12 flight tom648/649 can you tell me what aircraft this will be eg ex first choice or thomson and if its the recaro seats

rachel123,

LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM648/9) are operated by Boeing 757-200. Specific aircraft are rotated regularly, but most recent flights have been operated with First Choice aircraft (older style green leather seats). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.