Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,

Thanks for answering my question about TOM 054/5 LGW-MLE-LGW on 6th May. Would you happen to know the route / fight number the plane will be operating before it arrives at Gatwick on the 6th May. I've just discovered the delights of FlightRadar24 and am interested to track it on it's way to collect us at Gatwick! Looks like it came in from Goa yesterday afternoon, but can't seem to find this info for the 6th May anywhere else on the internet...

Cheers,

Richard
i see post was moved and a great answer already provided good
richstrat,

The aircraft wouldn't normally operate a flight immediatley beforehand. When operating Indian Ocean charters, aircraft normally arrive in the early hours then day-stops before operating your flight to Male at 1755. It operates to Mombassa (Kenya) the day after.

Darren
Hi Dazbo.....!!!

Sorry to be a pain......(Again)....! You told me that there is a chance that i may be travelling on a boeing 757-200....... Flight no tom 308/9 from Manchester to Dalaman....! Sat 22/09/12 @ 21:25. I am going to pay for selected seats. Could you confirm if the 757 has some window seats blocked out and which seat number these seats are situated. Cheers in advance........!

Ash....... :cheers
barjiash,

Aircraft within the fleet vary slight, but if you avoid the rear of the forward cabin, around row 10, towards the front of the centre cabin around rows 15-18, the rear of the centre cabin around rows 27-31, and the last row (41), all the others have a window.

Darren
Dazbo.......!

Wow that was fast..........! I'll confirm what aircraft i'm flying on in May.......!
Thank's for your help......! I think i'll go for row 36'ish........!

Cheers....... :D
Thomson blames new aircraft for hundreds of job cuts
(updated report)

Union officials have said it is determined to stop forced redundancies as it's revealed Thomson Airways is looking to cut more than 600 jobs.

The company, which has entered a period of consultation with cabin crew, claims the job cuts are due to changes in their aircraft fleet and subsequent staffing needs.

But employees believe the numbers outweigh this.

Cabin crew union Unite said it wanted assurances that there would be no forced redundancies.

Unite regional officer, Kevin Hall said: "These cuts are a blow to the workforce and the airline.

Unite is adamant that compulsory redundancies are out of the question and we expect firm assurances from Thomson Airways that they will not go down this route."

Thomson would not confirm the number of people affected by the cuts and said it was considering a number of options.

A statement by Thomson Airways said: "Thomson Airways will be entering a 90 day consultation period with members of the cabin crew this month.

"This is as a result of our continuing drive to become more efficient which includes changes to the aircraft fleet. Boeing 737-800 aircraft requiring fewer cabin crew are replacing Boeing 757s when they come up for renewal.

"Thomson Airways is committed to mitigating the impact of these changes on cabin crew and is working in partnership with the relevant trade union to achieve this result."

With permission from Travelmole
Hi, I know it's early but just wondering what aircraft Im likely to be travelling on to sharm in August. Im just praying for the chance to be on wide bodied 767?? I travel reguarlly and luckily rarely travel on single aisled aircraft (thank god) so am hoping as it s height of the summer season they may need to use a bigger aircraft. Thanks in advance. :-)

Leaving:
Thomson Airways TOM894
Depart:
Manchester Wed 08-Aug-2012 13:55to
Arrive:
Sharm El Sheikh Wed 08-Aug-2012 20:30
Returning:
Thomson Airways TOM895
Depart:
Sharm El Sheikh Wed 22-Aug-2012 21:30
to
Arrive:
Manchester Thu 23-Aug-2012 02:20
maddave25 wrote:
Hi, I know it's early but just wondering what aircraft Im likely to be travelling on to sharm in August. Im just praying for the chance to be on wide bodied 767?? I travel reguarlly and luckily rarely travel on single aisled aircraft (thank god) so am hoping as it s height of the summer season they may need to use a bigger aircraft. Thanks in advance. :-)

Leaving:
Thomson Airways TOM894
Depart:
Manchester Wed 08-Aug-2012 13:55to
Arrive:
Sharm El Sheikh Wed 08-Aug-2012 20:30
Returning:
Thomson Airways TOM895
Depart:
Sharm El Sheikh Wed 22-Aug-2012 21:30
to
Arrive:
Manchester Thu 23-Aug-2012 02:20

Single aisle I'm afraid. Only thursday morning, friday and sunday are wide bodied.

I am sure Dazbo can be more specific on which single aisle
maddave25,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM894/5) won't be a 76W and more likely to be a Boeing 737-800. I won't know for sure until May.

Darren
thanks for both your replies! I was hoping more than expecting. It is only a short flight after all. I'll survive.......or get myself a scheduled whilst waving the family off on the delightful charter effort. :-)
Hi Dazbo - I have been unable to find out what planes are used for the TOM560/561 and
the TOM604/605 flights - then I thought of you!.........
We would like to view the seating configuration before we choose our seats.
Can you tell us the row numbers for extra legroom on those flights please?
Many thanks - Suzie x
SomersetSuzie,

When are you travelling? I assume it's LGW-HRG-LGW (TOM560/1 / TOM604/5)? They're operated by Boeing 737-800 or Boeing 757-200 depending on when you're travelling. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including links to seating plans where extra legroom seats are indicated.

Darren
Hi Darren

I am flying to Sharm on Monday 7 May at 13.45 from Gatwick TOM652 and returning on Monday 21 May at 21.00 TOM653 - can you tell me please what type of plane it will be so I can look at layout before booking seats?

Thanks
nedbowler,

LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM652/3) should be operated by a Boeing 757-200. I won't know for sure until the beginning of May.

Darren
Thanks Darren
Will ask you again nearer the time.
Hi

I'm wondering if you could tell me what plane I'd be on.

Tom 2202 Newcastle - dalaman on the 21st of may.

Will it be a 757 or a 737?

Never been on a 737 before.

Thanks in advance
chriswigham1,

Welcome onboard :tup
NCL-DLM-NCL (TOM202/3 I assume you meant?) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks dazbo!

Great help. Yeah it was supposed to be flight 202

Silly me.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.