Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Darren, can you please tell me what the registration letters will be on the new 787s Please?

Also if I fly on one of the first crew training flights, to let's say, Malaga and fly straight back. Would I have to leave the plane, go through immigration and then go to departures? Or could I stay on the plane?
Qman wrote:
Darren, can you please tell me what the registration letters will be on the new 787s Please?

The aircraft haven't been registered yet. It'll start G- though!!

Qman wrote:
Also if I fly on one of the first crew training flights, to let's say, Malaga and fly straight back. Would I have to leave the plane, go through immigration and then go to departures? Or could I stay on the plane?

You won't be flying on one to Malaga, it's going to Las Palmas and Tenerife first! You can't just stay onboard the aircraft once it lands. You have to disembark, check-in and reboard the aircraft to conform to security requirements. They are two seperate flights, not a continuation. Given the turn-around times, it's unlikely you'd make the check-in in time for the return flight.

Darren
Thanks Darren, that's messed up my idea. I fancy one of the first flights though.
I went on the second Air 2000 flight on G OOOA. Good flights in those days with bucks fizz and hot towels and better food. I've got a photo of me going up the steps, crikey I looked young!!!
hello, im flying from gatwick to naples on monday 21/5/12 flight number tom4100
can anybody tell me what aircraft type this will be. many thanks.
chef matt 73,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-NAP-LGW (TOM4100/1) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
nice one, thanks for the speedy return darren.
Hi Darren

Thanks for coming back to me on all this , however it would seem I gave you the wrong flight number , had the confirmation through today and my actual flight number is TOM2716/7 to Zante 29/07/12. could you advise which aircraft model will operate this route?

Many Thanks
matt1804
matt1804,

Not a problem. MAN-ZTH-MAN (TOM2716/7) are operated by Boeing 737-300. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for the fast response Darren - I Thought the 737-300 thomson had been retired?

matt1804
hi....this for whoever needs know....got an email with a link....suposed to be for
"THOMAS COOK AIRLINES - FLYTHOMASCOOK .. Q&As"‏.....

but the link was to here on the THOMSON AIRWAYS ... Q&As....

We got a pixie on the loose...tweetie
Thanks Tweetie ... it was just a case of someone posting in the Thomas Cook thread in error, and their post would have been moved to the Thomson thread before you clicked on the email link.

David :wave
hi David....just thought let you know before things got mixed up if there was a problem ;) ...tweetie
matt1804 wrote:
I Thought the 737-300 thomson had been retired?

Details here.

Darren
Hi....im sure ive read somewhere that rows 11 and 12 on a 737-800 (thomsons) does not have a window...can anyone confirm if this is correct, and if it is, why is this? thanks
tracytreacle1,

Aircraft wiring and air conditioning systems need to be routed throughout the aircraft. Some windows are therefore missing as systems are routed up the side of the aircraft fuselage between the outer skin and internal wall. There are two windows missing in the forward section of the aircraft, approximately rows 10-12. Avoid those if you want a window.

Darren
I've just been reading the travelling with infants guide on the website. It say's that any milk, baby food must be tested by the adult when going through security. I will be taking milk cartons with me. Surely I won't have to open those as they'll be sealed cartons :think
Marlou,

This is :offtop for here really, but there are liquid restrictions for security reasons. Milk cartons are no exception. More details on the HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS & INCREASED SECURITY .. Q&As topic. Can you not get what you need in resort? Or pack them in your suitcase? If you need them specifically for the flight, pour them in to bottles, ideally less than 100ml for inspection at security or it not, be prepared to taste them all at security. Only take what you'll need for the flight.

Darren
Hi Darren.

Flying Manchester to Heraklion Thurs 14 June TOM2456 / 2457. Am I right in thinking they are 767's seat plan seems to be 2-4-2. And do you know where it will have come in from on previous flight?

Thanks
Malcolm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.