Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Miss Pink,

Seat widths are approximately 16.25 inches on short haul, 17 inches on long haul and 18 inches on long haul premium.

Darren
silkmascara,

Please quote all your flight details when requesting aircraft information. There are several flights from several airports. Where are you flying from and what are your flight numbers? It'll be a Boeing 737-800 or Boeing 757-200 depending on the specific flight. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thomson airlines seat booking webpage is down yet AGAIN!
https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/
Big companies seem to be having huge problems keeping their computers alive these days.
We want to go to Punta Cana in March/April next year.What will the plane be? Is it worth upgrading to Premium? We are a party of 9 with 5 adults and 4 children (from 4 to 9). We have been several times before with First Choice and recall that the Entertainment System is "programmable" in Economy even though the blurb advertises this as a Premium perk. Any views would be appreciated. :que
UKbill by computer it is FREE but on the phone Thomsons get a slice of the pie!!!!
RobinWhalley,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on this topic and on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You don't say where you are flying from or your flight numbers, but most are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. IFE in economy can be upgraded to that of the premium cabin for £5 per seat. The upgrade to premium is personal preference.

Darren
We are flying on TOM 144 from MAN to CUN this Saturday. Is it too early to be able to project the registration of the plane that we are likely to be on?

Many thanks.
qatarman,

You can book your seats by phoning 02476 283046 or 02476 282228 as opposed to using their 0871 number.

Regards,
Pat
Question for Darren please:-

Flying Manchester to Antalya in September on TOM512.
It seems the last couple of trips on this route were made by G-OBYG – which I think is a long haul configured Thomsonfly 767 – in fact the one in the new paint job!
Does this suggest that Thomson are using a longhaul plane on this route all summer – will I be lucky?
Or is it likely just a short term thing while planes are in maintenance?
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Miss Pink,

Seat widths are approximately 16.25 inches on short haul, 17 inches on long haul and 18 inches on long haul premium.

Darren

Thanks darren it was Topofthetower that wanted to know, but I couldn't see it anywhere.

Trust you had a good holiday
Ukbill

It was put back into shorthaul
Miss Pink wrote:
Trust you had a good holiday

Yes thanks, always do :cheers

Darren
ukbill wrote:
Question for Darren please:-
Does this suggest that Thomson are using a longhaul plane on this route all summer – will I be lucky? Or is it likely just a short term thing while planes are in maintenance?

As BEfreeTODAY mentions, it's now in short haul for the rest of the summer. I saw her last week on the remote apron at MAN while taxiing out on my way to JFK looking rather smart.

Darren
paulbos,

It's too early as aircraft can change between now and then. I'll know on Friday evening. It makes little diffrence as all but one are identical inside, and then it's just the position of a few seats.

Darren
Thanks for that. I remember which ones I travelled in last year so it would just be interesting to see if this time they're the same or different birds.
thanks darren for the seat widths is that the same on all aircraft when we travelled premium with thomas cook it seemed smaller than that :cheers

ps thank you too miss pink for all your help :cheers
topofthetower,

Seat widths vary by aircraft and airline. Thomas Cook's premium seating is the same at 18 inches, long haul economy is 16.5 inches.

Darren
As BEfreeTODAY mentions, it's now in short haul for the rest of the summer

Thanks for the prompt reply Darren and BEfreeTODAY.
I came back from Varadero on the repainted G-OBYG last month.
(I think it was in longhaul config then but I didn't count the seats, and, come to think, it wasn't full),
The paintjob was quite elegant.

Too much to hope for a nice 34inch seatpitch on just a 4hr flight to Antalya I guess.
However I reckon it's still more pleasant to fly on a 767 even if in shorthaul config, than a narrow body jet, so that's good..
Hi
Could anyone tell me what type of plane i will be on.
I am flying from Newcastle to Alicantie on the 3rd July, flight number TOM 1210

Thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.