Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

I am traveling on MAN - RHO - MAN on TOM on 10/05/2104. From the booking details it looks like a 763. Can you confirm the reg of the plane or at least if its an Ex FCA or Thomson plane. Also are there any seats without windows, or just to avoid?

Thank you

Paul
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows what plane we will be flying on from Manchester to larnaca on Sunday 15th June flight number TOM2700

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Looking for some advice please.

We have flights booked through thomson for June this year for a family holiday.

We booked last September for my husband and I from Gatwick and my mum, dad and mother in law from Edinburgh both to Mahon. We booked a villa separately.

Today my mum received an email advising that their flight times had changed and they now arrive at 1920 instead of around 1100 and leave at 2030 instead of around 1200. The original schedule saw us all arrive and depart an hour apart which was perfect.

I understand flight times can change but feel this amount of variation is not really on.

We have booked only one hire car which needs to be returned on the final morning and we need to be out of our accommodation at 1000.

There is availability on Jet2 flights which are much closer to the original times and I was wondering if Thomson are likely to be open to transferring them onto those flights instead? Flight prices for Jet2 are similar to what they have already paid.

They booked through Thomson but originally there flights were with BE and have now changed to BA so not sure if this confuses things.

My mother in law will be 84 at the time of the trip so having 8.5 hours to fill in from checking out on the last day is really not acceptable, so ideally I would like them on the Jet2 flight either changed by Thomson or via a refund and then they rebook.

Does anybody know what help Thomson will offer or are we stuck out on a limb?

Thanks in advance.
The options will be determined by the terms and conditions agreed to at the time of booking, or reliant on a gesture of goodwill.
The lead name on the booking needs to contact whoever the flight was booked through, so either Thomsons if booked direct, or the agent if booked via a third party.
Thanks SunAddict,

My mum has been through the T&Cs and it looks like they can get a refund and rebook with Jet2. Will cost them around £50 each extra, though I've suggested the rebook front Glasgow as that would be about the same as they already paid.

Tickets were booked under my dad's name so he will call Thomson tomorrow, they booked online through their website.

Fingers crossed they sort it!

I guess what I was after was anybody else's experiences in this situation
I believe that as it's under 12 hours difference there's nothing really that can be done.
Has anyone sat in seats 3F/G Premier class ,B767 . Is it a full window view ??
yes we did a few weeks ago, outbound we had 2 F/G which had a view out of two windows.
3 F/G on inbound flight had one full window
Is ANYONE getting the normal Thomson seat reservation confirmation Emails now?
I reserved seats a week ago, and the system said I would get an Email - nothing arrived.
This does normally work well but it looks like someone at Thomson have been "redesigning" their system and they have broken it.
I posted onto their Facebook page and got a reply message today saying that they had checked my seat reservation and that they "were aware of the problem" and hoped it would be fixed soon.
One wonders what "soon" might mean to the folks who design Thomson systems since this mess appears from other comments to have been going on for weeks now.
We booked seats on the 12th Feb and got e-mail confirmation
i think its any after the 18th Feb as that is when Thomson 'launched' the new system we had major problems with printing off our boarding passes :que
I do wish they wouldn't let the children play with the website and release untested stuff.
mozza6910,

MAN-RHO-MAN (TOM2694/5) are operated by former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER in a short haul configuration. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Cypruschick,

MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2694/5) are operated by former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER in a short haul configuration usually. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
tigger,

All rows apart from 9 have a full window view in premium on the 763..

Darren
Whomenever,

EMA-SFB-EMA (TOM 374/5) are operated by ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER (Boeing 787-8 from 31st July 2014).

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
mozza6910,

MAN-RHO-MAN (TOM2694/5) are operated by former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER in a short haul configuration. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Thanks Darren.
paula2203 wrote:
Hi

Does anybody know if Thomsons are going to be flying to the Maldives this winter?

I phoned Thomsons but the chap said there was no availability at the moment and check the website but the timetable only shows flights up to April 2014.

Many thanks

:sun2

Thomson are pulling out of the Maldives from April 2014 due to the high cost of accommodation over there now. They are replacing the Maldives with Mauritius. There's plenty of other option though with British Airways and middle eastern carriers connecting via Dubai, Doha or Abu dhabi so all is not lost. I've just come back having travelled with Emirates.

Darren
Welcome back Darren. Hope you had a great trip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.