Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Which aircraft type please for the following flight.

TOM 374 /5 East Midlands to Sanford Florida

Dep : Thursday 12 th June. 2014

Cheers
Hi Darren
Is there any current ife yet? The ones listed are the same as my last flight in November. Lol.
Cheers
Deana
Hi

Does anybody know if Thomsons are going to be flying to the Maldives this winter?

I phoned Thomsons but the chap said there was no availability at the moment and check the website but the timetable only shows flights up to April 2014.

Many thanks

:sun2
Hi Dazbo,

Flying in Premier class, BHX-Cancun 31st May return 14th June.

Does the first row of seats 1A/B and 1F/G have proper window views or are they obscured. Are there any other window pairs in Premier you may recommend.

Thanks for your help !
Hi tigger
Yes they do if you are going on a 767 we have just returned and had row 4 which had 1 & 1/2 but all with exception of row 9 are ok, only problem with row 1 is toilets and tv out of arm rest.
Have a nice flight :tup
Well I'm right fed up. I went online at the instant seats became available for selection and already 14 seats at the front of the Premium cabin were marked not available. How could that possibly be please? If it makes any difference the flight is TOM 038 on 29 May.
Well I'm right fed up. I went online at the instant seats became available for selection and already 14 seats at the front of the Premium cabin were marked not available. How could that possibly be please?

hi jetlagged,
One possible reason is that you may be going for two weeks or more. A big weakness with Thomsons seat reservation system is that folk booking only a week trip have a much better opportunity of snagging the best seats - since their "90 day return" flight date is a a week earlier than everyone else.
Other major scheduled airlines - and even minor low cost ones like Jet2 - have a much fairer system which allows seat choice when you pay - not at some distant date in the future.
Thomson need to fix this.
Jetlagged wrote:
Well I'm right fed up. I went online at the instant seats became available for selection and already 14 seats at the front of the Premium cabin were marked not available. How could that possibly be please? If it makes any difference the flight is TOM 038 on 29 May.

...also it has been alleged that you can sometimes book over the phone before the online system goes live! :que
Hi ukbill,

Totally agree .. Thomson should changed their system whereby we can book our seats numbers upon booking the holiday. Not only that, but having read their FB page and TA, it just seems to be one problem after another with them .. ie seat confirmation, OLCI, printing boarding cards etc .... They really need to get their act together!!
brewerdave wrote:
Jetlagged wrote:

...also it has been alleged that you can sometimes book over the phone before the online system goes live! :que

yes you most definitely can, depending who you speak to when you phone,
i was told this had been stopped but it hasnt.very unfair system
Agree with all of the above. The 'Manage My Booking' option has never worked properly and to log into that and to 'My Thomson' usually needs two attempts before getting in. And forget the Android app as I've never been able to log in with that. I always get 'Your booking is being updated. Try again later' (or similar). Ring Thomson and all they can say is that they have a new system which is giving problems at the moment. So why let the system go live then?

Sorry about the rant. I'm not at all impressed with them at the moment and hope that the holiday arrangements are better than their back office systems.
It might be an idea for everyone unhappy with facilities offered by Thomson for seat reservation to complain on the Thomson Holidays Facebook page. This would create publicity about the issue and might provoke Thomson into improving the system to the level offered by other airlines.
Maybe they could get someone new in charge of their IT and computer systems!
ukbill wrote:
It might be an idea for everyone unhappy with facilities offered by Thomson for seat reservation to complain on the Thomson Holidays Facebook page.

Good idea. i don't normally use FB but have made an exception this time!
No probs,it can wait.

Hope Darren had a great time.

:sun2
Some of those 14 that booked the seats prior to you will be passengers that are only going for 7/10days and those coming back from 14day holidays the week prior to you. Its an unfair system when those on 7 day holidays can book their seats before those going for 14 days (and therefore spending more?) Thomson should make it so you can book your seat 90days before the outbound flight, not the inbound flight.
Hi Denny,

Well, my opinion is that we should be able to book our seats at time of booking the holiday .. would save so much grief and hassle for the customer .. ie not having to be up at midnight to try and secure the seats you would like or being on the phone for several times or possible 1/2hrs trying to book your seats.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.