Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, sorry if this has been posted and answered already but i'm wondering if anyone has any information regarding what windows are blocked out on Thomson Airway's 737-800 aircraft as I'm sure this is the aircraft I will be travelling on to Gran Canaria from Cardiff on Monday 30th June - 14th July, ( TOM6106 - TOM6107)

I have looked at your What aircraft guide and online but nothing concrete.
Also iv heard or read somewhere that Thomson seat the majority of children in the front half of the aircraft ? (Not sure how accurate that is).

Any info would be great,
Thank you.
meyrick,

Rows 9-12 have odd window panels missing so avoid those, and the last couple of rows. All the other others have (with the current configuration).

Darren
:think
Hiya and sorry if this hs been posted before but I have word blindness from trawling through 317 pages! wow what a thread!

I am flying on TOM122 and have booked premium tickets, have a son with mild special needs.
Can someone confirm if its premium seating is the one with 10 rows of 2-3-2 (separate from economy)
or
5 rows of 2-3-2 and the rest being economy seating

i phoned Thomson and they couldnt tell me??
I have checked oncseating guides but dont know if its a 767-300 283 seats
or 767-300 258 seats.

I am totally confused. Can someone please advise?

Cheers
It won't have 10 premium rows. They either have 5 or 9, depending on whether the flight is operated on an ex Thomsonfly or ex First Choice aircraft.

You will need to leave your travel dates so Darren can check the flight schedules.
Fee,

Welcome onboard :tup
When is it you're travelling? Aircraft types sometimes change between seasons so I'd need to know your dates of travel really. MAN-SFB-MAN (TOM122/3) in the summer season to end of July are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). These have 9 rows of 2-3-2 located in the forward cabin. Note row 9 doesn't have a window.

Darren

EDIT: Sunaddict just beat me to it!
Hiya Chaps and a huge Thanks!!!

flying Manchester to Sanford 24/6/14 - inbound leaving Sanford 8/7/14

Feel i'm being fussy but just need to know ...

Many thanks.... xxx
Fee,

As expected, it's ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER as mention above on those dates. You aren't being fussy at all, it's nice to know what you'll be flying on and what to expect.

Darren
woohoo!! Thanks!!

Roll on June!!!!!
Hi, I have read lots of this info and it's great. I was wondering if you could help. We are flying to Mexico for the first time on TOM182 on Sunday 18th May 2014 from Manchester. I was wondering if you knew which plane this would be - we are due to book our extra space seat this weekend (90 days before) and I'm keen to get it right as it's for my husbands birthday. Thanks in advance for any help or hints and tips.
sorry if this is the wrong place to post. We are flying on the Dreamliner to the Mexico Pacific Coast in the summer. It is a long flight but I refuse to pay the premium prices. Can anybody recommend four good seats in the economy section? I have been told some at the rear of the plane have slightly less leg room. We would also want a window seat if possible. Am excited as it is probably the last time the teenagers wish to travel with us!
neavsie,

You have it easy on the 787-8, it was a 14 hour flight with fuel stop in SFB the last time I went to PVR! You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide with link to seating information and seat plan. Seating is personal preference ultimately so depends what you like.

Darren
hello again

We are on the Dreamliner on Sun 13th April TOM 108 from MAN to BGI leaving at 09.50am.

We prebooked flight seats over the phone and have just paid for standard tickets.

They say the seats we have been given are 7H and 7J the latter a window seat.

I am now puzzled.

Are these in Ecoonomy ? And looking at the plan of the aircraft do they actually exist ?

Thanks
HuddersfieldTourist,

The aircraft is 9 abreast in economy with H/J being the window seat and adjacent on the starboard side. Row 7 is the last row in premium club though so I would double check what you have paid for or have been allocated. Row 7 on the starboard side doesn't exist either, it's where the toilet is!

Darren
Thanks for the reply.

I now have written confirmation from Thomson Airways which says TOM108 Seats 7H and 7J on the flight from Man to BGI. It is one of those confirmation of additional services receipts/invoices and also quotes the booking reference and the Internal Reference !!

How can they book two seats which do not exist ?

Is it still a Dreamliner flight ? Date is 13.4.2014.

Do I need to raise it with Chris Browne to see if she knows they are modifying the aircraft !!!!! :-)

Thanks
HuddersfieldTourist,

It's still scheduled to be a 787-8 on my screen and given they are allocating seats H/J, suggesting 9 abreast, that confirms it. I wouldn't worry, you'll have seats allocated but row 7 is a strange one if you're in economy club, especially with them allocating H/J. All you can do is question it for confirmation.

Darren
Hi Darren

I'm travelling on 7th may from Gatwick to Luxor with Thomson. I tried to book our seats today, but the seat plan on Thomsons website shows a plane with just 32 rows. It's a rubbish plan as it doesn't show doors or toilets so choosing a seat is very hard! I called them and have decided to pay the extra for exit seats, which I'm told are rows 15 AND 16 as there are two emergency exits. I can't find a plan anywhere online that backs this up. :que I know that this flight is usually a 757 200, as you kindly gave me this info a couple of weeks ago. Any clues as to 1) which row I should book, 15 or 16?
And 2) what plane this is with just 32 rows?

Thanks in advance. :)
lilac labrador,

LGW-LXR-LGW may now be operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find a better seat plan linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Row's 15 and 16 are the overwing exits with extra legroom. Both offer the same seat pitch, there's nothing in them really other than row 15 doesn't recline.

Darren
Thanks so much! Always such a quick response :thanks That's really helpful and the seat plan you have on the site makes sense - I can see where everything is. I guess if row 15 doesn't recline ( in the way of exit in case of emergency?) then 16 is better.

Roll on May :fly :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.