Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
THOMSON AIRWAYS
7548 Posts
Perhaps he is away but he did respond to me earlier in the month, it's my question and his subsequent response which has gone,. The forum went down for a few days.
Has Darren left this forum? I do not see any replies as before?
Last logged in 28 days ago.
Hi all we are looking to use the Dubai route next year and would ask if anyone could answer the following.
How long is the transfer time from DWC to the port, is the luggage bonded as with Barbados & Dubrovnik and probable most important what is the flight route i.e. does it fly over a conflict zone.
Darren, if you are looking, I think we need you
Transfer from DWC ( Al Maktoum airport ) is about 50 mins , rough taxi cost 35 plus , DXB airport is quite near as Port Rashid is not far from the Creek area of town it's about 11/12 mins away and taxi cost of roughly 10 plus , that's pounds sterling not dirhams !! Lol , don't know about bonding of luggage , from what I can remember from my BA flights there they avoid conflict zones now and I think route over Iran , ( aren't we friends with them now ?? !! ) :) I imagine Thomson would do the same .if you do use the port for a holiday I would recommend staying a couple of nights in Dubai to see some sights , well worth it !!
Thanks Andy most usfull, we are looking to do a Thomson cruise which spends a few nights in port, don't know which one, just says Dudai.
Thanks Andy most usfull, we are looking to do a Thomson cruise which spends a few nights in port, don't know which one, just says Dudai.
Hi All,

Apologies, I've not been around for a few weeks for personal reasons. I'll try and log in more often, I've just had a lot on recently.

Darren
Ang,

LGW-AYT-LGW (TOM398/9) should be operated by Boeing 787-8.

Darren
Welcome back Darren.
Hi, firstly great forum thanks for all of the information provided.

I have been unable to find any short haul 787-8 seat map. Does anyone know where I can find one?

It looks like G-TUIA will be one of the aircraft on European routes over the summer, anyone know which others?

Thanks
Dazbo,welcome back,we are booked to fly on a thomas cook airbus ( i think ) flight code TCX6544,do you know if this plane has any IFE ? sorry if this is in the wrong place but i am struggling with the layout of the new site.

Regards
Alan
mobile fitter,

TCX is the flight prefix for Thomas Cook, not Thomson (TOM). what dates are you planning to book and to where? I need more than just a flight number to check a specific flight.

Darren
Hi Daz as my original post and your response got lost in the recent downtime. Pam I right in think you said my flight TOM2404 - 6th October to Gran Canaria is a 737 - 800 ? Someone on TA said their flight to GC last week was the Dreamliner.
Thanks for early reply Darren, the dates are18 May, Newcastle to Antalya TCX6544
01 June Antalya to Newcastle TCX6545

Regards
Alan
mobile fitter,

NCL-AYT-NCL (TCS6544/4) are operated by Airbus A321-200. IFE details are on out what aircraft guide.

Darren
Thanks for info,much appreciated

Alan
Darren can you tell me how i now find the " what aircraft guide " the old HT board was much easier to use!
mobile fitter,

I'm the same, I'm not keen on the new layout. This should be the link.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.