Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Please keep on topic, ie regarding the Thomson Celebration. There is a separate topic for discussion on the Spirit. :wink:

Thanks.

luci :wave
Hi Brownetts,

Last May on the Destiny we saw the FA cup final , Championship playoffs and European football in both the cabin and lounges.

Margarita
hello,
we, thats me my husband and uor 4 year old son are going on our first ever cruise on 28th april, we are going on the thomson celebration. deck A,

i only booked today on the internet, so i have very little info or time to find out.
1. can anyone give me some of your veiws/experiences about this ship?

2. do i need to take beach towels for use at the pool?

3. is all inc worth it £185 (for drink) is it that expensive?

4. are there hairdryers and iron in the cabin?

5. children safety issues?

6. are soaps, shampoo etc left in the bathroom?

sorry about so many questions, but any tips or info would be much appriciated
thank you
Hi Cuckoo

First - well done on booking the Celebration. We did the colourful coasts itinnary last November on this ship, being our first ever cruise :lol:
We were very impressed with absolutley everything onboard- from the cabin to the food and onboard entertainment.
We chose this as we wanted an informal way to cruise. It will live up to all your expectations too!
No, you will not need to take beach towels for the pools, they are provided onboard the sun decks.
There are hairdryers in the cabin and so you will not need to take one, as for irons just pop along to the launderette onbaord and use that one.
Yes there are shampoo and soap left in the bathrooms but I would still take your own as these are only small ones.
Just think common sense applies to the child safety aspect, especially on the decks.
We were on deck 1, not sure if this is also classed as A deck? Or are you up top?
All in all once you have cruised, if you are anything like us- you will not want to book any other type of holiday again.
Just really answered your questions, but any other advice please ask. :D
hi i have just been on the celebration for 2 weeks 7th to 21st of april it is fab dont need towels they are available by the pool side, hairdryers are in the cabins, irons and ironing boards in the laundry areas also washers and dryers all free to use washing powder provided, soap shampoo ect in bathrooms dont know if replaced though didnt use them took my own, drinks are resonably priced about £2.50 a pint also about same for mixers. so it depends if big drinkers. kids clubs seemed to be ok my kids are 15/16 so didnt use them but didnt hear anyone complaining and just the usual safety issues dont go to near edge and the swimming pools have no shallow end. the entertainment is great, always somthing to do even during the day quizzes, seminars on beauty, napkin folding, games even if you dont get off the boat the food is available 24 hrs a day in the buffet resturant and there is a waiter resturant that is open at set times youll have a great time youll be hooked . it is cash free so every thing is charged to your account if you go all inc it includes pringles, doritos, peanuts and cholate bars tea and coffee free all day anyway
Glad you had a good time Brownettes :lol: :lol:

Do you think 2 weeks is a long time to cruise? We were on the Celebration for a week and not sure whether to do 2 weeks before booking the next one?

We were on an AI upgrade- only wish I knew about the pringles and chocy bars- not that we are greedy or anything :?:

Will have to bear that in mind for next time :D
Can someone tell me the price of the all inclusive package.

I guess it varies depending on the length of the cruise.

Thanks in advance

:D :D
the drink package depends on the length of the cruise, we paid £205 for 10 nights, however, unless you drink a lot it is probably not worth it, for the two of us it was £410 and if we hadnt bought other people drinks on our all inclusive card we probably would not have used that much. its £2.90 for a cocktail, £2.30 for a glass of wine, self service water , tea and coffee are free, bottled beer is £2.20, soft drinks are £1 a can and bar hot drinks are around £1.20, so you would have to have about 10 drinks a day each to make it worthwhile
hope that helps
By the way had a fantastic time on celebration, sailed 8-19th May this year so enjoy.
We are cruising on the Celebration from Harwich in a couple of months time and will be travelling by car from Manchester. Does anyone know how long it takes from Manchester and approximately when the ship leaves port?
Shirley
shirley, just looked it up for you, manchester to harwich nearly 6 hours and the ship sails at 6pm. hope you enjoy as much as destiny last year im sure you will. laine
Thanks Laine
You are always a fund of useful information!
It means we don't need such an early 'get up'. Do you know if we can get on board earlier in the day. I am very excited about being on the Celebration (a first for us) and cruising the Baltic (also a first) that I want to get on board as soon as its allowed :D
We are considering booking a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in August on the Celebration. Could you advise generally what the weather/temperatures are likely to be? Also can children attend evening entertainment or are the expected to go to bed by a specific time?

Thanks.
Hi Jo and welcome to HT!

I would prepare for all types of weather in Norway as it can be very variable. We went in June and it was cool/cold and overcast most of the time to the point where gloves wouldn't have gone amiss.

Children are welcome at the evening shows provided they are well behaved so that they don't annoy the other guests. However most of them seemed to go off with their new-found friends and do their own thing.

Hi Shirley. We sailed on Celebration from Harwich last year. For an 18:00 departure, boarding was advertised as 14:00 to 16:00. I think its essential you check in at least two hours in advance (they load your luggage by crane, and its the ship's staff doing check in.)

We arrived at 13:30 and check in was already open. Checked in in less than 10 minutes, then straight to the Lido buffet for lunch.

Have a great holiday!
Hi Nick
thanks for replying. We will definately aim to be in Harwich about 1.30 though of course it will depend on the traffic.
Is anyone else going on the Baltic cruise on July30th?
Shirley
Hello
My family (2 A &2C) are going on the Thomson celebration on the 20th of august 2006. Can anyone tell me if i need to buy a Tux and i havent got one, i would rather avoid the expense if possible. will my suit suffice.
Thanks
Sterlos
My family (2 A &2C) are going on the Thomson celebration on the 20th of august 2006 on the baltic treasures.
I know no one has a crystal ball but we are concerned what clothes to pack. is it likley to be freezing or shirt sleeves weather.
Cheers
Sterlos
Hi Sterlos and welcome to HT!

You don't need to buy a tux. You could hire one if you wanted, but a normal lounge suit will suffice. Some people don't even bother with that and just wear a shirt and tie, but most will make an effort.

Re the weather in the Baltic region, you can check the historical weather on http://www.weather.co.uk or http://www.wunderground.com We cruised the Norwegian fjords in June and it was quite chilly at times. Some people even wore hats and gloves so I would pack for all eventualities to be on the safe side.

Hi Sterlos
we are just back from the Baltic cities cruise on the Celebration. You need to pack a bit of everything as we had some lovely weather (sunbathing!) and some cool and rainy weather. Luckily, weight isn't a problem and the wardrobes are quite generous. Also there are a number of laundrettes!
Also take some evening coverups (light jacket, shawl or cardigan) as the air conditioning makes some of the lounges positivley chilly :P
You'l have a great time!
Shirley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.