Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
post subject
252 Posts
To Pamtutor

If you dress in tux and cocktail dress you will be, by a long way, in the minority on Celebration. If you want to dress more than smart casual for Captain's dinner, a jacket and smart trousers will be more than enough for the male and smart dress, or trousers, for yourself.

Personally think this is a pity, but you need to know dressing formally will be well away from "norm" on this ship.
Thanks Jay Trip and Hamrag. Do the men wear long trousers of an evening no matter what night it is? Hamrag have you been on this ship? I can't wait. 3 weeks today!! This will be our first cruise. and my hubby and I are so looking forward to it.
Yes, long trousers in evening for vast majority of men. Have been on the Spirit which is the identical "twin sister ship".
I've never seen anyone in other than long trousers in the evening for dinner. I'm not sure anything else would be allowed in the main dining area. Not sure about the self service restaurant though. My hubbie wears a cream jacket and dickie bow for Captains night but shirt and trousers for other nights. Long sleeve for formal nights and short sleeve for casual. Me, well a smart dress or black trousers and a posh top for Captains night, slightly less dressy for most other nights. I think the dress code is the same as if you were going out to dinner at a nice restaurant at home.
all the men in the main waiter service dinning room wear tidy long trousers in the evening..
you can use the buffet dining room where you can wear what you like..
your choice
Hi

We looked at this cruise last year and ended up not doing it - went to Tenerife instead!

I can't remember how much the red sea cruise was. It was early november we looked at, and we're interested in the same this year. It's £519 plus upgrades from Glasgow just now. I have a discount code that could make this £1048 including the standard outside cabin (deck 1 or 2) upgrade. This is not all inclusive.

I have some questions:-

Which cabin - I have looked at deluxe (people walking along promenade outside window!), standard outside (low level - some say good for seasickness, some say noisy), 3 and 4 don't have double outsides. The suites are obstructed I think. I'm thinking on standard outside and calling and reserving a cabin with a double on deck 2. Not sure though - any thoughts?

Can't get all inclusive (and might not want to if it was $189 that others have quoted!). Can you buy duty free at your departure airport, and then take it with you and then onboard? I'm thinking they might not want you taking booze onboard. We never had a problem when we bought some in port on the Topaz years ago. Also can you get soft drinks in the shops on board (ie for the cabin and not at £1 a glass). Just something for a wee drink while getting ready, or soft drinks also for during night/early morning.

Anyone notice if there's much choice for vegetarians on board - ie pastas or pizza, and salads etc?

Also, does anyone know if prices for this cruise come down closer to departure...is it worth waiting on a bargain - our dates are a bit flexible just now.
I am going on the Celebration in a couple of weeks and am really looking forward to it. It will be our third Thomson cruise but first time on this ship. We are on the Jewels of the Mediterranean cruise and I was wondering about excursions. I will probably book an excursions to Pompeii and Carthage but not anything else. Are there places of interest within easy walking/bus rides of Marseilles or Barcelona ports? Is there anything else I might need to know about the Celebration? Many thanks!
Hi Danger Man and welcome to HT!

Have a look at the DIY excursions topic at the top of the forum which may have some information.

It is fairly easy to get to Pompeii, but I would recommend an excursion for the guide alone as they can make the site come alive. Barcelona is very easy as there is a hop on hop off bus which is about €19 each, although the metro is easy and cheap for a second visit once you have your bearings.

luci :wave
We are on the Celebration this weekend and I've just noticed that the Kids Club only goes up to the age 12. My nephew is 14 and is quite shy. I was hoping if he was thrown in with a bunch of teenagers he'd find someone to pal up with but if there is no organised events he probably won't. Anybody been on the Celebration with teens with any advice? Many thanks.
We have just booked online for the Red Sea Cruise starting 29 November 2007. Not given the option of All Inclusive. Does anyone know if it is available and if so how much it costs?
Hi Paul and Sheila and welcome to the Cruise forum"

We have a topic on the Red Sea Magic here which may be of interest.

I called them up as we were thinking about the red sea and also the colourful coasts cruise.

AI was only available on the colourful coasts. We ended up booking that one. It was a £99 supplement. Last year we looked up the red sea cruise for november though and the AI supplement was £179 I think. Someone worked it out to £28 per day, so it was £28 x 7 - sorry I'm being lazy!
Hi

We are sailing in feb 2008 and got the option of £99 each all inl.
works out at £14 per day or one bottle of wine !!! will make full use of it, It is now taken off as a option so as soon as a certain quota is reached they must stop doing it, not sure if its waist band or charged to the room,
if anyone knows drop a line
My friend is going on the Celebration on 7th September for 2 weeks and has told me there are no children under 16 allowed during her 2 week cruise.I wonder if this is right as I have read posts regarding childrens clubs.
When we were AI on a Thomson cruise, our boarding card had AI stamped on it and you handed it over when you ordered drinks. You still had to sign for them, but the receipt showed a zero balance unless you took a drink which carried a supplement.

Is anyone booked on this Ship on 7 September?
It's our first Cruise. :lol:
Hi nevrow and welcome to HT!

I hope you have a great cruise and look forward to reading your review when you return. :wink:

nevrow- our first cruise was also on the Celebration - it was awesome :lol:

Jay - yes they do offer weeks on the Thomson cruises for adults only- specific times of the year :wink:
Sunseeker1 ,

Thanks for the post, can't wait to set sail.

Nev.

:hyper
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.