Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Ruth
on a sea day they put on lots of activities e.g. we had dance lessons, quizzes, talks on the ports, a series of lectures on fingerprinting, sports (the Celebration and Spirit have a sports deck) plus talks on health etc from the spa people. I must admit that in port, there are far fewer things to do because most people go ashore but there are still things such as a library and jigsaws to complete plus a card room and the shops to wander round, or afternoon tea to have or plenty of places to sit with a book. So don't worry - just enjoy!!
Shirley :D
Hi,
One of a group of 4 guys, divorced and sep, in late 30's & early 40's thinking of going on a short cruise.
Someone said Thompson Celebration was good. Like to know if anyone has recent experience of it, particularly nightlife and age of people on board, as well as food etc.
Thanks
When were you thinking of going?
We went last November. There were alot of older people onboard- but this did not bother us
Hi, probably May/June next year
Hi,

My boyfriend and i are due to cruise the red sea on celebration in nov. First time cruising!!Not to sure what to expect. Do you have to get dressed up every night (cocktail dress and tux)? Are jeans allowed in any of the restaurants?

I would love to hear from anyone who has done this cruise, let us know what you thought before we set sail!!!!!

Lindsay x :)
Hi Lindsay and welcome to HT!

We have a topic on the Red Sea Magic HERE where you should find lots of info.

luci :wave
Hi Lindsay

We went on the celebration for our very first cruise- and what a fantastic time we had too. We did the Canary Cruise so cannot really comment on the itinnary you are doing.
Had a great time on the ship. We even stayed on at some destinations and used the facilities onboard.
The food is super and so much choice everywhere.
You will absolutly enjoy every minute of it and defo want to book more as we have.
Enjoy
xx :lol:

If any specific questions pm me. Have some pics to...
I'd appreciate if any questions were posted on the forums as the answers may be useful to other members. :wink:

Sunseeker1, you can post your photos on the Photo Gallery if you wish for the benefit of our members.

Oooops sorry Luci :cry: Will remember to do that in future and will have a go at posting my pics on the site.
Just a quick question, my bfriend is abtit anxious about missing the footie, are there any channels on the ship that show any football? Not that il be watching any!!!
Hi.
Can anyone please tell me if there are playgroups for a 2year old on this ship?...Can we leave her with child care,a-away for christmas,so only want to have a couple of hours in the evening with the other half on own own.Been on 4 cruises with our daughter,and they all say she must be 2 to be left with there staff,now she is 2,I can't find ANYWHERE where it states the things she can do.
Many thanks in advance.Jimmy
as far as im aware the chidren on spirit, destiny and emerald have to be 3 to be able to go to the kids club so im sure that will be the case on celebration,,, someone may know different tho
does anyone know if there are any formal or semi-formal evenings on the Celebration Red Sea cruise?
Thanks - Sue
I have a feeling that the Thomson Celebration is only just beginning the Red Sea Cruise for the first time?

I am also looking at this cruise for November. Can get an ok price, but also wondering about AI at £189. It seems to be more expensive than on the Destiny Canary Island one (£140 I think). I'm not convinced I would drink £189 worth - but at the same time, I'm thinking it takes the hassle away and I might enjoy the holiday a little more (ie take a cocktail etc instead of a more plain drink!).

I'm struggling to get information on this cruise - and in particular I'd like to know what trips are available on board. I am aware that this may well end up costing as much as the cruise itself!! There's some really important unmissable excursions on this cruise. Any way I can cost this in advance?
Hi Lesley

There is a link to our Red Sea Magic topic in my post above. I think someone posted the cost of excursions in that topic which should give you an idea as they should be similar.

Hi just a quick question for anyone that can help.

Are towels provided on the ship? As this is my first cruise i am not sure, as usually in hotels they are provided.

Thank you x
Bath, hand and pool towels are available in your cabin so no need to pack any.

Ok thanks, more room for clothes now!!!
Thomson do not put excursion list or prices in the brochures as they are subject to change.

However, in their admin depatment, they do have a list of excursions and prices (approximate, as they are usually from last seaon) which can give you a rough idea of the excursions available and the prices.

They can give you this information over the phone, or they can fax or post it to you.

This applies to all excursions and not just cruises.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.