Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I have never sailed with Thomson. The normal situation when you cruise from a UK port the weight allowance does not count and normally you would be able to take any amount of baggage. Certainly what you would need for any cruise. Look in the back of the brochure and I am sure that the info will be there.

Sue
Ex-UK cruises don't normally have a baggage restriction as it doesn't involve a flight. Lucky you!

We are going ex-UK in September, but have to fly to Southampton and FlyBe only has a 20kgs allowance and you can't even buy additional allowance. :(

luci :wave
OOo I'll come and wave you off Johnny :Just think , you can pack your stuff and take it out of the case an hour later. No creases in that tux :D Friends of ours did a Thomson cruise from the UK last year and I don't think there were any restrictions on baggage weight.
There probably are restrictions(a lot of brochure use the term "reasonable") but nothing you will need to worry about other than finding room for it.

I remember seeing 200kg limit in one brochure. There is nothing in an old thomsons brochure.
we are going on the spirit in may can you tell me if the men wear tux as it will be nice to dress for the occasion
Some dress for dinner, some don't. I wore black tie last year but there's no obligation to do so. Dress for the formal dinner varies from a tux through simple jackets and ties to the somehwhat slack and scruffy. In other words, it's up to you!
Hubby has a cream tux especially for cruises , usually teamed with his Tasmanian Devil dickie bow !! :) I have noticed that the dress code has slackened with each cruise. :que As Hyacinth says "We must keep up appearances!"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.