DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
no Denny, the Letoonia Golf Resort Hotel is featured as new with Thomson this year, wether this means a brand new hotel or not i'm not sure :think i have also seen another hotel with Letoonia in the name, si now i'm confused :think
Yes, it's just new to Thomsons, thats all, it's def not a new hotel, as I said I stayed there 3 years ago, and it wasn't new then!!
The other Letoonia is Club Letoonia in Fethiye. (Iv'e stayed there as well) It's much bigger than the golf resort. It's set on a peninsular. 3 beaches, several bars and restaurants, food excellent, free watersports. It's excellent. plenty of reviews of both the hotels, on the hotel review section. Have you read them?
Denny
oh right ok, thanks.
no i havent read the reviews on the Club Letoonia, but have read the few reviews from this season (june 2008) on Letoonia Golf resort.
which hotel did you prefer?
i've found a great price for 2wks next June at Letoonia Golf resort, although neither of us are golfers! we just like the look of the hotel & some of our good friends are going next year.
Club Letoonia , by far....
The hotels themselves are much the same, and are both of an excellent standard, but what swung it for us, was the fact at Club Letoonia you can get a boat over to Fethiye and then onwards to Olu Deniz and Hisonaru. It is much bigger, and set on a lovely peninsular.
At the golf resort, it is all very flat and you can really only go to Belek (although of course, you can get trips to Side, Antalya etc). It has a very short transfer time though - approx 30 mins.
Whichever you choose, I am sure you will have a great time.
Denny
If I book a Thomson Hotel only,do my kids get to use the Thomsons kids clubs at the hotel?.

Thanks
yes,we booked san miguel in ibiza in july,and we were invited to the welcome meeting,and kids club info was given,the only thing that i can see in booking hotel only,we didnt have the coach transfer,apart from that,the holiday was exactly the same.
............. just to say, having been independent travellers on a Thomson cruise - ie the cruise only option - that my party of 3 were the only independent bookers on board, and this tended to confuse but delight the staff that we were different!!!

It was also very refreshing to be able to decide our own disembarcation times, and 'do our own thing' when we chose not to do a Thomson's excursion.

It was Thomson's call centre staff in the UK that had the greatest problem with our independent travel ....... continually bleating on about 'sending your tickets' even when I reminded them that I didn't need a ticket, because I wasn't travelling with them, and their own documentation said that all I needed was their confirmation of booking and payment ..........................
We booked a Thomson hotel online and it asked us if we wanted a flight and tranfers, after looking around it was a lot cheaper to do this than doing it with another airline as there was more discount, we got everything we would have done if we had booked a package holiday although it was all Thomsons, for 4 adults and 2 small children it saved us 700 pounds for the two weeks i will definatley do this again
I booked (some time ago) the Porto Bay Falesia in the Algarve at a cost of £270 limited sea view on half board in January.

On checking the Thomson Hotel only site today I notice that the price has shot up to over £300 without the sea view supplement and also that it is priced on B&B only.

My accommodation voucher clearly states 'half board'.

Will we be ok - we do not want to arrive and be told we are only on B&B.

Pippa
Pippa i would'nt worry about that at all, it clearly states half board, i have seen lots of offers like this fromThomsons, some for half board, B&B, full board just whats on offer when you book, if it is worrying you give them a ring, you just got a good deal at the right time, enjoy your hols
Thomson hotel only prices fluctuate quite a bit, normally they are reviewed on a Monday and Thursday afternoon. They don't always change for long term availability, but worth keeping an eye on especially for late bookings.

Robby :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.