Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomson
727 Posts
Maybe thats £280 per person?? Why don't you ring them (Thomsons) and check? Denny
No, it is £280 for two people according to the site.

Pippa
I booked the louis phaethon beach hotel in cyprus through thomson hotel only,the price was coming up on there at £410 for 2 people all inclusive for a week in march which i thought was really cheap when the package was going to be £550 each,i went ahead and booked it and it was £410 for us both we got a flight with xl for £168 each so we saved about £170 compared to the package price. :)
Hi Pippa

I wouldn't worry. I think the accommodation only part of the Thomson site is known at times (not always) to come up with some real bargains, so I don't think it will be an error and would book before the rate changes if its what you want.

I'm sure it has been mentioned on here before, by one of the regulars. :think Might have been Robbie, I think he has had a few bargains from them.

Doe :tup
ive had many bargains with thomson accomodation only,£1 a night for 2 full board comes to mind, :yikes just book it .ive never ever had any problems
Obviously it was an error!! It is now half board for £280 and not all inclusive. Thought it was too good to be true. Now cheaper to book with other accommodation sites.

Should have booked when it was quoting all inclusive although they might then have come back and wanted more money.

Pippa
:( What a shame Pippa. Perhaps one of the other sites will come up trumps. Its so annoying when that happens.
we are due to depart for our portland holiday to the dominican republic next week. i would just like to mention how we have (so far!) received a good service from portland. the web booking was easy to follow, went without a hitch, i have been able to get through to their call centre straight away when i have made balance payments (the trick is to call at 9am on saturdays ;) ) and we have recieved a full updated invoice each time we have made a payment so we can keep track of what we owe. all the call centre staff have been fine to deal with and have done everything we have asked, so no complaints really.
saying that though, when i actually had to deal with Thomsons call centre staff last week to book the premium seats on the flight, that was like another world, i was passed around 4 different people, even told to ''call back in 10 minutes'' at one point after holding for 20, and the woman i finally dealt with spoke over me everytime i tried to explain why i was calling and what i wanted...she then spelt my name wrong 5 times (yes, really!!) when taking my details for the card payment,they are supposedly the same company :que
just to add to that, on the phone to them again yesterday, querying changes to baggage allowance etc after upgrading our seats, i was told not to worry that a fully amended invoice would be sent out ''nearer to the date of departure''-which is 6 days away... :banghead:
Hi I really hope that someone can give me some advice, as I booked my holiday through Thomson.co.uk and went to pay the remaining balance off, the man on the other end of the phone told me that my payment wasn't going through and that he would try again, he tryed again no luck! and told me that he would call up a.s.ap, after waiting two hours I called them and the lady then told me that the payment hadn't gone through and that she would take it then, I then doubled check with my bank, and to my shock found out that Thomson had taken my payment all three times, taking a shocking £1000.00 out of my bank, making me overdrawn also! When I called up to complain the lady promised me that the £668.oo extra that they had taken out with be refunded within 24 hours! this was not the case however and later found out that it takes them 3- 5 days! Shocked I ring them back yet another time to ask them what there complaints telephone number is, they said that they do not have one, and gave me an address! I think this is disgusting! they are happy to take money from me! then I have to wait up to five days to get my own money back, and be out of pocket because they cannot do there job properly - has anyone else had this problem? and does any one know what I can do other than send them a letter of compliant which will then most likely to be binned? :que

emma
  • Edited by luci HT Mod 2008-03-09 13:45:30
    To remove potentially libellous comment
You should contact your bank explaining the situation and stating that "Thomson were stating the payment wasn't going through and retrying it". The payments were therefore taken contrary to the regulations. Thomson are liable for any costs you incur because of any transgression on your account, but if you get your bank on your side early on this may be minimised and they should be able to tell you what steps to take.

The UK companies appear to be trying to distance themselves from customers this year as well as making it prohibitively expensive to complain by using quasi premium rate numbers 0871 etc, so you may have to end up writing.

As always, if you are unsure after speaking to the bank, check with Ross.
Yes, let your bank know as soon as possible!
Booked a holiday on line on the Thomson web site and paid the deposit on line. Have just been on to pay my balance and it says booking references with BYOP numbers in them cant pay the balance of holdays on line and I have to phone them or go into a shop. How stupid is that? Looks like I am going to be hanging on the end of the phone line for ages!!!
Hi,
Help needed please. Trying to book holiday for 4 adults and 2 children in 2 apartments (no free child places) . It is considerably cheaper to book as 6 adults but Thomson has told me that if we book this then the 2 children will not be allowed to go to the childrens club. Any thoughts on this please.
Thanks
When you say 'Thomson has told me', was that Thomson head office or someone in the Thomson travel agents?
Hi,
One Thomson shop said that the extra cost for the children was to guarantee them a place on the childrens club.
A different shop confirmed it was Thomson's policy to cost children as children - they said it was because the correct status - i.e. adult or child had to appear on the ticket, otherwise they could not travel. When I said the previous reason was re. the children's club, they then said that if they were costed as adults, the resort would not be expecting them to attend the children's club so there would not be any room for them. She also confirmed that the extra cost would not guarantee them a place either.
I am sure once you are at the resort your kids will be able to attend the kids club. They are using is a form of blackmail to sqeeze more money out of families with a threat you won't be able to use the kids club. The fact is the kids costs are overpriced and the amount they are overpriced at would pay for more than just the use of the kids club. Thomson will pay for a apartment by apartment and at a very low to cost them and then charge the earth. I know this because at a set apartment I stayed at booked direct, I said to the receptionist what thomson would of charged us for the same 2 week holiday. She was shocked and said the rate you booked the apartment is more expensive than what thomson pays. Thomson holiday price was £2500 I done the holiday with taxi transfer for £1300.
Hi,

Has anyone recently booked a holiday with Thomson? I booked for my parents at the beginning of March and whilst we received the email confirmation, this year nothing came in the post. Thomson say they no longer send the paper confirmation, but agreed to send something out - this hasn't arrived and my Mum struggles to get through to anyone on the phone. I'm sure it's all fine, but my parents quite like to have the traditonal invoice in the post! So I wondered what others have found this spring? I'll try calling them today also. Thanks, Cejay
I too only got the email confirmation and nothing in the post.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.