Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Thomson / TUI
727 Posts
Name change cost £65 altogether, £15 because we fly within 14 days (well Monday!).
Good to hear it was sorted out easily.

We just wanted to change hotels and thomson wanted to charge £50 per person. In the end they finally done the change for free.
Thanks, simple but bloody expensive!!
Just checked thomsons low deposit offer. If somebody takes it up and has to cancel there is no more to pay. I booked a holiday with thomas cook and they done £25 per person and if I have to cancel I will only lose £75. On the airtours website they are only taking £5 deposit per person but I couldn't find the terms and conditions. I don't if somebody took up the offer if they would have to pay more if they had to cancel. I have consider the amount of deposit T/O wanted to be unrealistic and expensive. If somebody cancels the T/O will just sell the holiday to somebody else so £130 per person is too much.
Got a flyer through off Thomsons listing the dates and accomodation I had booked with them previous years and offering me £100 off a booking. Conditions say excludes flight and accommodation only. Min spend £1500 taylor made and £1000 all other Thomson bookings. Valid 1-31 July, holiday must be booked before this date. New summer 2007 booking only. Offer cannot be used with any other offer and can only be redeemed once. Has anyone else had an offer like this as I cant get the code to work, I have tried it on a few holiday over £1500. Do you think it does not work because you already get a discount for booking on line.
yes i had one and filed it.. the stupid thing is my next holiday in october is alredy booked with them for a lot less than the offer would come to

wizard
do thomson match portland prices? seen a holiday on both sites and its £70 cheaper with portland but want to book in shop not on net.
Has anyone an idea what is happening with Thomson Holidays I have never seen so many flight changes from 1year to the next,since the takeover by TUI they have gone backwards,not the NO1 Tour op they used to be,be warned if you are a First Choice customer.
:D Hi Joules, I know thomson will match a thomson on line quote (They have done so for me on a number of occassions), don't know about portland though (You can ask for nothing though!) - Depending on when you are booking (try the code 00000483), on the thomsons website, - this will deduct a further £100, then print a copy off, and take it to your local thomsons and ask them to price match/beat it -(If the deduction brings the amount to under the portland quote) - plus you'll get your nectar points too :lol:

Ps - if you have trouble with that code, pm me.

Good Luck, BBB
Thomsons wouldn't price match there online quote for me. I had absolute murder with them over it.

Sarah
well i had a strange one when i booked our Oct holiday, tried to use the Thomson web site to book as it was a web special, after umpteen attempts i lost my rag and phoned the call centre, which apparently was busy and i was linked to a shop, i explained my problem to the las on the phone and she said she could book it for me, I said i dint want to pay any more than the web special price, No problem was the reply, when she finished working it out it was £15 each cheaper than the web price...Result

wizard
:D Hi sarah, - must admit, I had a bit of hassle last time I tried to get them to price match (I usually go to the same girl - but she was on holiday!), anyway, i'll try and keep this short and sweet, I argued back that I had just heard them tell at least three customers that they would "Price match", any of their own holidays, plus the shop was full of posters quoting the same thing! (Funnily enough these posters are no longer there now!) -, they begrudgingly said they would price match, but they wouldn't price match the £100 promotional code which I had used,to reduce the holiday cost by £100 ,so after a bit of a "heated discussion", and them phoning head office to verify this promotional code they relented, - but they were not happy bunnies, - they had just seen their commision( I suppose) go down the pan!

A bit of perserverance does sometimes pay off!! :lol:
Hi

Does anyone know why yesterday Thomson had loads of free kids places for next summer and today I can't find one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked a few weeks ago and there was a few about, then last week there was loads. Was looking at a hotel yesterday and was going to discuss it with the family later, only I've just looked and checked lots of dates and also did different hotels and there are no kids places anywhere.

Did everyone suddenly book in the last 24 hrs???? I think they just put them on and take them off when they feel like it. :evil:
next edition prices out today looks like you may have missed out
Oh right, so do they not have any free kids places after the first edition then? :( Just seems strange that they have none at all anywhere.

Unless they release them again at a later date. :?: Booked with them a few years back on the first edition and one week I couldn't get kids places and the week after I checked again and got two free kids places.
I noticed that too - prices seem to be all over the place, a price was £1587 for two weeks now £1996????? I know there are limited free child places but I don't believe they have had a surge of people booking the same place within the same week or so for 2008 already!!!!
No I think they're just having a laugh with their prices at the mo! I'll just hang on to my money for a while then, I'd be so annoyed if I booked something and then the kids places re-appeared.
I find the best thing to do is phone up thomson direct and say I have had a quote for x amount for a holiday with you from such and such travel agent. I will go £100 or more below thomson web price. They will beat it if you say I will book today if I get the right price. I have had £200 off their web with them before. Try it you have nothing to lose. It won't work with portland because they are direct sell.

On free kids places I have seen many of them disappear only to reappear when sales slow down in december. Its always amaze how more free child prices appear at certain times.

I am waiting for the bargain june and july time to book late with thomson with their offers on teletext pages 203 and 276. Half the brochure price or more sometimes. I just wish i could of took advantage of the club seray forest marmaris 3T S/C offer in june for £65 per person from gatwick. Next year will be even better with the european championships on. Those football fans won't go anywhere until its finished.
I posted earlier about Thomsons prices a holiday we have been going on for the past 11yrs and again on 9th Sept has gone up approx 47% on what we payed never known it,that is for the same holiday for 2007 same flight. Next year it has gone up approx 10%.Thats way I dont trust the online prices.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.