Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Thomson / TUI
727 Posts
Hi

Well I was back on the Thomson site today and some of the prices were lower than yesterday, still not got the kids places but the adult prices had come down quite a lot. The one holiday I was looking at was £400 cheaper today than yesterday!

Just a case of sitting and waiting I think and keeping our eyes open. :shock:
And now....... LOTS OF KIDS PLACES ARE BACK!!!!!!

Unfortunately not on the dates I was looking at but definately back on lots of hols. Just wish we could go in June like we usually do as the prices are much more attractive. Unfortunately we have kids doing GCSE work so are now having to go in the main school breaks.
Ahh the gcse's my oldest daughter just took hers and we missed on some lovely bargains in june.

Just checked out a hotel on thomson web site, the child price upto 14 but they won't quote a child price unless I enter 12 or younger. I know its child prices to 14 because it is the same cosmos and portland brochure. On the portland web site it will give a child price when 14 years old is entered.

I hope you find your free child price.
:D Hi there, - we managed to get a free childs place in october at the regente (Half board),for our son who is 13, - had the same prob, with entering the childs age,(so Just entered 11 so we had the on line quote) then went straight down to our local thomsons (Again! - they all run in the back when they see me coming), and they matched the price. This was booked last november, so don't know if the offer is still running! -

Canthinkofausername - Is this the same hotel you were referring to?

Has anyone got the email address for customer services please?, can only find the address and phone number, - thanks!
Hi

I always have to enter 4 adults and 2 children to get the prices, if we booked as 2 adults and 4 children the price is silly money. Then I have to phone and book direct with them as the website never accepts the kids birthdays. They honor the website price though. Have had to do this with both Thomson and Portland.
bellyballyboo

The hotel I am looking at is the club hemera hotel in turkey 4* A/I. I really can't make my mind up with this one and wow bodrum resort. This one is a lot cheaper.
:D Its a rare find that! - finding hotels who offer free half board childs place aged up to 14 , (t's usually 12), - I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the offer last nov (Although it didn't last long - about 6 weeks), it soon went back down to age 12! - Only cost £548.00 for 1 week half board for the 3 of us - couldn't even get our flights for that - so it sometimes does work out cheaper than going diy (The price has since more or less doubled :lol: )

Mods - might be a good idea to start a new thread, where members can post certain hotels they have come accross that offer free(Half Board) childs places up to age of 14?

On the subject of entering a child as an adult - We had the same problem there - we only found out because our friends had booked, the same dates/accomm/airport etc...their daughter is classed as an adult ( she's 17). Our friends payed £1.054 for 3 adults, but when we entered 2 adults, and 1 child, the same holiday came out as £1,275 (Over £200 difference)- so ended up booking 3 adults! I wonder how many people have not thought to enter a child as an adult , and have been charged extra?(I certainly never thought of doing so until our friends had mentioned how much they had payed!) - When I rang thomsons to ask why this was, they said it was because of the under occupancy charges for the child :?:

Regards, \BBB
bellyballyboo

Its not H/B but A/I rated a 5* in the brochures since its been refurbished.

August 26 14 nights with portland 2 adults 1 child upto 14 £1636. Aitours, cosmos want around £2200. The price is good. Thomson is about £15 cheaper with the £100 discount code. The child cost with portlands is £209.
going to ibiza 3 weeks on wed,can anyonee tell me when i should expect to recieve my tickets.
thanks in advance tracey
:D Hi there, my thomsons ring me 2 weeks before departure (It use to be 4 weeks), I'm off on the 28th, so not long now!! :pele
i'm off 3/9 and my tickets came today booked online
I am looking at a Thomson holiday leaving on the 22nd Sept. I am watching to see if it comes down any before booking . Does anyone have any experience of when is a good time to book in case I lose it. Do travel companies start reducing holidays at any particular time before departure. Many thanks.
My Ibiza tickets came just over 3 weeks ago - we fly out this Wednesday. I booked online direct, they may come later if you've booked with an agent.
chix1

Don't book until the kids are back at school, once they are the prices tumble and there are loads of bargains that appear on teletex pages 203 and 276 which are thomson pages. They won't drop the prices until the kids are back at school, I have seen it year after year.

The best time for bargains is june and early july, get some really good deals then. Next year if the weather is good here coupled with the european championships there will be loads of bargains in june and early july. I got a platinum hotel this year for 3 of us £600 under the broucher price for the 10 to 17 july. Just after that the bargains went as everybody were booking to get away from the rain. I phoned late deals that is owned by thomsons for a mate of mine and they told me they couldn't cope with the amount of calls they were getting because of the bad weather. I could of got 3 of us into a 3* hotel for £480 for a week in july in majorca, I chose to pay more for a better hotel.

Thomson have cruise and stay this month for just over £700 and a weeks cruise for £499. The cruises seem to be the only decent discounted hols by thomsons this august.
worrying a bit now,as you have all had your tickets before me,fly 3 weeks tomrrow.i'll wait till the end of the week,then give thomsons a call.maybe something to do with the postal strike we have had.
by the way i booked online also.
thanks tracey
Thanks 'can't think of a username', good advice. I am in Scotland, what date do the English schools go back in September?

Julie
trasjohno, I wouldn't worry. We go next Tuesday and still no sign of tickets despite the fact that they were issued by Thomson to their internal agent on 26th July! It looks as though we will be picking them up from the airport, which they are going to arrange if we haven't received them by Friday. I'm not worried though, it's an inconvenience but nothing to worry about!
Chix1

The kids back around 3rd to the 5th.
phoned thomsons today regarding tickets,and was told they had been sent out at the beginning of the week.then she said if i haven't recieved them 7 days before departure contact them :shock: that didnt fill me with hope.i hope they do arrive, i'll be a nervous wreck if they don't,and have to pick them up from airport.
tracey :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.