Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The Civil Aviation Authority's guide to EC261/2004 is here

You seem to be in the "more than 14 days notice" category, in which case you are entitled to a refund within 7 days of cancellation OR "re routing to your final destination....." This second bit is slightly ambiguous, there have been similar incidents, also involving ThomsonFly reported and it isn't clear whether you can demand re routing using other operators. If other operators do not have to be considered Thomson's limited route network usually rules this option out and you can only have the refund.

EC261/2004 is really very weak and Brian Simpson MEP is currently looking into it. You can see his press release here and there are details of how to contact him - please do so, the more evidence of malpractise he gets the better. It doesn't matter whether you live in his constituency or not. I fear that you are not going to get anything more from Thomson. It does appear that ThomsonFly is slowly being shut down, there are a number of similar complaints on this forum.

I'm not so sure about insurance, I think they would cover if the airline went bust and they would cover you for expenses if the flight was cancelled on the day (after your EC261 rights have been paid of course) but this is a grey area in between. Now if I was in insurance I would cover it but keep a rating of each company's risk (like they do car types) and adjust premiums according. That way ThomsonFly would be the travel equivalent of a Ferrari and people would get the message. Anyone in insurance like to comment??
the same thing happened to me for some flights i booked to prague for march for xmas presents, ive had to rebook with another company and pay the difference myself, not impressed 1 bit with thomsons now and ive got 2 holidays booked with them for next year and are very concerned incase these are cancelled too
Sorry you've had this happen to you ellie_meg. I hope the other 2 holidays go well. I certainly won't use Thomson again. Totally regret giving them a chance. Normally always use Easyjet and have never even been delayed!

Steve8482, thanks for your response; much appreciated information.
Pip
you have been so unlucky. I wish you luck with your battle.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.