Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Depends on how long the cruise is but at least £200 pp. You can check the rate for your cruise on the Thomson website by making a booking search for your cruise it will list the AI package as an extra.
Thanks for your reply Nickmac. I should of said we are going for a week, DOH! I did try going through the booking process but the drinks package comes up as being zero cost option. Well £200 pp sounds like a good saving and now that money can go towards our excursions. :)
We paid around £350 for the 2 of us back in March.
We had a free AI upgrade when we went in July......every time you buy a drink on-board they swipe your card and when you get your bill at the end of your cruise all the free drinks come out as £00.00 on the bill...Cocktails were £4.37,glass of wine £3.90,pint of beer £3.50....If you count them up and multiply by the price of an average drink....say £4 then you would have had one hefty bill....ours would have been £554 had we paid for all the drinks we had and during the day I drank mostly non alcoholic drinks...but it all adds up so I would say the drinks package is definitely worth the money
We went in July too and the AI package was £398 for 2 of us. I have always bought or managed to get the AI free however never convinced if I bought it I was getting value for money. So this time we went without the AI. During the week we never stopped ourselves having a drink and even though we are not big drinkers I especially do like the cocktails etc. At the end of the week our bill was £320, so I now know unless I get it cheaper than £300 or free then for us it is not worth it. Plus a lot of the drinks on AI still have a charge attached, Hope this helps. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.