Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
but the main reps only wanted to flog you over priced trips.

thats all they are there for.. your money.i laugh when i see you all at the welcome meetings.ok if you have never been before.but for a season pro micknmill.you should know better.infact you should tell everyone all the info you know.

some reps are good at the job ( like local info.what bus to get ect).but most are too young or know nothing about the resort or place they are at.thank god for sites like this one.for people who need more info
I agree that the welcome meetings are a waste of time and the only reason we go to them is to get the kids signed up for the kids club in case thet want to go. As soon as this is done we then leave before the hard sell starts.
All the trips they offer are available elsewhere at a fraction of the cost.
My main gripe this year is their general attitude, but as you point out they are mostly young, and their view is that they won't see you again after you've gone home, so they don't really give a toss.
Hi all, Must let you know about our experiance with the Thomson reps. a few weeks ago we were lucky to get a bargain to Ibiza & even luckier to get San Miguel...After a few days of enjoying the sun. I felt unwell, I thought I had got sunstroke but 3 days passed & I was feeling worse...I went to see the doctor in the Hotel & to my horror he told me I had got shingles on the left side of my head... Well my wife went & see the Thomson rep to see if we could get an early flight home, we were told that once I was passed fit to fly by the doctor, she would make the arrangements to get us back home... After a couple of days I felt well enough to fly, the doctor said I was ok and gave me a letter to say it was ok for me to fly...So we went to see the Thomson rep & were told to sort it out ourselves she said she was to busy, she said the best thing to do was to go & see the receptionist & ask her to help us... I thought the Reps were there to help, but how wrong were we... THEY ARE USELESS... We did finally make our own way home & it has taken me 4 weeks to recover & let you know how good the Reps are (NOT)... The Reps were so much better last year...
if you do every need a flight home asap.go to airport.desk box foreign office.they will help you out getting a flight home.you may be on stand by or have to go to another uk airport.but at least your nearer home.
Hi Pooh E 2,
Sorry to hear about your bout of shingles - it can't have been pleasant for you. The attitude of the rep is exactly what I was on about. I wouldn't mind betting it was the team leader, you know, the one who walked round with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. Actually saw her shout at a kid who accidentally squirted her with a water pistol when she was walking past the pool one day.
Have you written to Thomsons to complain?
Hi

we thought the reps at the San miguel were bad enough last year (apart from Dan) but they sound as thought they've got worse!! However, the Thomson reps we had this year at the Coma Gran is Sa Coma (not the Kidzone reps who did great) achieved all boudaries of bad practice!! Absolutely appaulling and totally unprofessional. I feel that the Thomson rep service has been deteriorating slowly over the years, they seem no longer superior in the service they offer.
About to do Ibiza, with Thomsons for the 4th time.

The last 3, if we saw the rep at all, they were unpleasant, and seemingly useless - however I always find that the hotel staff and even the guys who run the local bars give you much better advice than the salesmen (sorry....Reps) at Thomson.
look we all know all they what to do is sell you over priced trips.local knowledge is nil.some have only been on the island less than a week.ok some are good.the odd few that do the job right.

but use this site and others for info,skip the reps.but if your in port San miguel.i feel sorry for you.way out west.hard to do diy unless you have a car.a damm site cheaper than tui reps tours.
Hi djwoody 8)

I appreciate what you are saying and agree. I travelling frequently and have not used a reps service for years. When in San Miguel we don hire a car and have been all over the island.
My last 3 holidays (2 san miguel and 1 in mallorca) have needed rep help due to very sick children, twice including hospitals. However, this is not the place for detail or arguement.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.