Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Considering you will be leaving before rush hour (5.50 check in?) really quick. Maybe 30 minutes? You kind of cut out Bangkok Centre with the new airport from the Marriott. I've made it in 25 minutes from Bangkok centre at a similar time. I wouldn't worry about staying at an overpriced airport hotel. Just make sure the hotel is aware you need transport at that time or you could struggle to get a taxi.

Towns near the airport? Bangkok? :D
bearing in mind we are on the other side of the river is it still ok to leave at 5.50am ?

can we get a car door to door ?

international check-ins normally require you to get there 2 hours before, is this the case with qatar ?

a 5.50 leaving time would mean only 1 1/2 check-in , is this ok?

sorry to be dumb :oops:
You are on the other side of the river, but you also have a bridge next to the hotel, which will be empty, so I wouldn't worry about it.

You can get a car door to door. I presume you are booking everything DIY? If so, I can't advise an alternative to the hotel, who will slightly overcharge you (but probably pennies considering it is Thailand!).

I presumed you were getting an internal flight - but I guess not if you're flying Qatar. You won't like what I say, but i'm so ultra cautious, can't stand rushing before a flight, or risking road delays etc, or a breakdown, I am always at an airport 3 hours before an international flight.

It keeps me less stressed, even if I do have to get up early! But everyone is different. For the same journey, i'd be leaving at about 4.30am! I'm sure others will say that's completely unneccesary :D
you are just like me ! mega stressy about being late :lol:

ive found a really nice hotel at the airport, novotel.

considering our flight home from bangkok i wouldn't like to start it with a 4.30 start :shock:

yes we are diy and this flight will be our flight home

but we are getting an internal flight earlier in the holiday but sensibly booked that for 1.30 in the afternoon.

From the airport hotel into bangkok would you say it takes about 45 mins in the evening ?
Not sure what's around the new airport - there was lots to explore around the old one - sorry!

During rush hour (and i've only done the trip during quiet times) than Bangkok traffic can take you by surprise. The new highways are quick, but the roads onto them can be slow! Could take 1hr30 if you're unlucky during rush hour, if not longer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.