General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I find a squirt of Impulse spray under the boobs keeps them fresh! But the althletes foot stuff works if the rot has already set in :cry:

Also a good fitting bra makes a heap of difference......(I've been to that place near Harrods, was told I would have to have an underwired one, and when I asked if they rub, she said - not if they're fitted properly!!!). And she was right :)
Acorncup..was it Rigby and Peller? Megabucks but worth it if it fits properly. They also have depts in large department stores so once you have the correct size you can go somewhere nearer if you like. I went to Bravisssimo and was not impressed.
Yes it was! So it's the most expensive thing I wear :rofl (goes well with the Be-wise joggers and T-shirts) , but worth every penny!

Once you've been measured, you can buy replacements via the internet.
I've tried the roll-on trick during the recent hot weather and it really does work :D

I use Dove deodorant stick (not roll-on) and it is just as effective and kind to the skin as well

Many thanks

Carol :wink:
Bit quiet in here lately, my fave topic on HT at the moment. :lol:

Keep them coming,

Robby :wink:
robbyw....put your tongue in :rofl :rofl

Sorry, couldn't resist it :oops:

Helenxx
roll-ons are the best - i find a creamy one like dove works on me all day

i'm glad i could pass this on as i know how painful chaffed legs can be

:lol:
apologies for bumping up but thought would pass this on again as it was ages ago since first posted and still useful to newbies xxx

roll-ons are definitely the best not spray

happy holidays xx
Thanks for bumping this back up, I hadn't seen it first time round. :)

Thanks for the tip! Excellent! :tup
I do this all the time throughout the summer - but it's an absolute godsend on dance holidays in Cuba in July! I find the Dove cream one works best - the slight greasiness makes a big difference. It helps lubricate under the boobs too and stops any possible chafing from underwired bras but I just wish that it was easier to find cotton bras these days!

SM
There is now a product out for this, I saw it advertised on TV the other day. It is called Lanacane Anti Chafing Gel. Unfortunately had a look in Boots and they were all sold out!

I have always had the problem & I prefer wearing skirts but it hurts when its hot! I have tried talc & vaseline without much luck, never thought to try deodarant so I will try the Dove maybe if I cant get the special gel! :tup
I use Mitchum roll on deodorant - would that work as well as the Dove do you think?

(Oh, and for any fellow users, the Mitchum roll on 100ml powder fresh is under £2 at Tesco's at the moment.)
Milly, I reckon it would work so well you could even miss a day! ;)
:rofl

You've been watching too many adverts! :haha
I done my research last year and bought BODYGLIDE before going to Florida last year - it comes in a roll-up stick (Almost like a deodorant stick) and lasts AGES!!! Its waterproof, so even at the waterparks i was chafe-free. I only needed to apply it once in the morning and it lasted the whole day until i washed it off at night in the shower. Its also brilliant for feet (If your shoes are rubbing).

Apparently it is what the athletes use when they are running and swimming to stop the chafing?!!

I bought mine online - a bit more expensive than a bog standard deodorant roll on, but if you want something that lasts then i definitely recommend it!!! Its full of good stuff for your skin aswell. Im getting myself 2 Bodyglide roll up sticks this year for our 3 week holiday :)
Just spotted my mate online!.... :hyper

*waves to Auntie Pink* :wave

YOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Glittergirl, is it as good as Mitchum?
I love Mitchum, best deodorant I have ever used.
I have used nothing else in years..
'ello darlin'! :kiss

Bodyglide is on ebay for around £9.50 inc p&p on buy it now or less if you can stand the stress of an auction :)
If you search for it, you might like to search for "bodyglide stick" as they also produce other items... :D
I love sniping on ebay auctions! :haha

But I'm quite happy with my Mitchum roll on deodorant so I'll stick with that I think.
(and if I keep spending on all the things recommended on here I'll have no money left for my hols! :haha
Not that I have got much now -doing yet another bootie on Sunday! :) )
hi ladies. just been searching for the lanacane anti chaffing gel and came across this that some of you might be interested in. it's for a free sample of it but you have to complete a little survey, take a look here
http://www.lanacane.co.uk/survey.asp
i've taken all your tips on board, and the one about the roll on is good to know, but i can't use the dove one as the perfume from it is to strong and will set my headaches off - shame.
- dotty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.