Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Went to ADR last year - my recollection is that there was a tip box on each bar and we left a big tip at the last night rather than on each visit. As it was and as AI, I don't think many people left tips
thanks becky , will prob do that as well then.
I agree with Becky. One large tip in tip box at the end, but don't forget the restaurant staff too. We gave them one tip at the end, but at the a la carte's, we put in a tip there and then.
I think you will find that all the tips are pooled so everyone gets there share at te end of the season ,this is the way at the hotel we go to a lot , the Sun Zeynep in Belek ,the staff there are liable for instant dissmissal if they are seen keeping a tip and not putting it in the box,if you give one individual a tip at say the bar , he will put it in his top pocket if he is busy , but if you watch closely when he has time it will go straight into the box on top of the bar , the satff at theses hotels actually get a lot of money at the end of season from tips .

Bluepeterno1
Just to confuse things a little we always find several small tips along the way to your special members of staff , say a couple of pound each time will guarantee you better service throughout your stay :wink: :wink: as BP says it will go in the tip box anyway and they will know you have given it :wink:

lyn
Thats correct lynwestie , there have been times when i have given tips to certain people and when they put it in the box i have seen them telling other members of staff that i had given it ,it gives you a wee bit more cred and a lot better service if they know you have given a tip .

Bluepeterno1
What currency do you give the tips in? Which do the staff prefer?
I usually give turkish lire but if not pound coins .Im sure they are happy with either :D
We always tip on the first day,usually a couple of euros,a pound,or TL.It certainly helps if they are other european guests in the hotel as you will be served quickly instead of being ignored.We give a bigger tip at the end for staff who have been particular good.I took loads of Cadburys choclate bars this June and the staff loved it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.