Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Toll roads
9 Posts
Hi Camel
The tolls do have operators in the booths and there is no problem paying with notes if you are short of change.Can't remember the exact cost but they are really very cheap.

Regards

Sharpy
It gets better Camel... There are no toll charges between the airport and Benalmadena. It is a motorway NOT a toll road.
The only place you may use a toll road is on the way to Gib. The motorway splits just before Fuengirola into toll (A7P) and non-toll (A7) as far as Marbella. The toll booths are easy, the amount is shown so you will have no problem. At the moment it is off season so the roads are pretty quiet anyway so I personally wouldn't bother with the toll road, stick to the coast road A7. For Mijas Pueblo take the second Mijas (Fuengirola) exit off the motorway, it is where the motorway splits. The exot before for Mijas (Benalmadena) is a building site and not a very nice road.
Thanks folks, really helpful replies. (and speedy too!)
You say you are going to Benalmadena,I asume you mean Benalmadena Costa,not Benalmadena Pueblo.Therefore you neednt take the motorway just head for Torremolinos on the N340, then on to Benalmadena Costa.
If you are going to Benalmadena Pueblo,take the Motorway.
Just seen your other post.You are going to Benalmadena Costa.So take the N340.
If you go to viamichelin.com on their route planner.On the departure section enter spain/aeropuerto malaga (city area malaga).On the destination section enter spain/ave de alay(city area benalmadena).
select quickest route then search.It will give you klm by klm directions.
Disregard the references to Arroyo.
There are 3 toll booths on the road from Malaga to GIB. Total cost off season is around 8 euros each way. Most expenisve is Marbella around 3 euros then if memory serves me correctly 2.35 and 1.60. In higher season the Marbella toll rises to around 5.15 euros!

Nivsy
We travelled from Belamadina to Marbella. On the trip out we used the toll road and on the way back used the coast road which appeared to just as quick :shock:
The coastal road is generally fine in my experience, however depending on the time of year and tome of day the N340 through Marbella can be subject to significant delays and q's through travel lights etc. The coastal road very pretty in places all the way down to Estapona and Du Quesa and certainly also gives the impression of the amount of development that also is happening. In experienced drivers or those not so keen in driving through areas where tourists are crossing roads and local drivers dont have (in most ocassions) patience for tourist drivers may find the toll roads are less stressful, particularly during peak times or holidays.

Safe driving.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.