Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We travelled to Tossa de Mar in May 2004 with Hoverland and couldnt have been happier with the coach, crew, hotel etc. and on the strength of that booked with them for this year, same hotel (which we still like) but in August. How different this time, there were 4 generations of my family in the party ranging from 16 months to 71 years, the coach was old and not very clean, our seats were at the back next to the toilet, the smell from which wasnt too pleasant, the door stuck so that every time anyone wanted to use it we all had to get up so that it could be opened which isnt too bad during the day but awkward at night when the children were asleep, the air conditioning dripped on my sons head and shoulder for 6 hours on the way there and mine on the way back, the drivers tried their best but I think the coach was just past it. There was absolutely no holiday atmosphere on the coach, no friendly banter or cameraderie, I think the conditions depressed us all. We love Tossa and enjoyed our stay there but were dreading the journey back, we had no hostess so therefore only 2 drinks were offered all the way back, on the plus side we did have quite a few stops. I e.mailed Hoverland on our return and to this day have not had any reply, so I am afraid that has put a stop to me recommednding them any more, if they had replied and at least apologised I may have tried them again and put this year down to experience but I wont use them again, even though they are based in my home town and the office is very convenient to me. Last year I would have put Hoverland at the top of my list but this year sadly, at the bottom.
to cidermonster,
now that we know that siesta read these messages they may offer you a good reduction on a future holiday to see if they can get you to change your mind and use them again :D .

they have obviously realised now how much they have lost in the last 6 years.

if they do offer you a nice big discount let us know and i will take up the mantle of bashing siesta for you(although i've not travelled with them yet- looking at using them for estartit hotel next year) :D :D :D

ps do you want to revise this post yet

Erm...........erm.............tough question!!

I couldnt even name five now!!!! My list would have to be......

1) Club C
1000) Siesta

jimd-f
Hi Jim,

Whilst it was nice to get that apology, it was a tad late, and no, they didnt offer me anything - i did however PM them back to thank them for the eventual apology, and havent heard from them again.

Money off? Well, yeah, maybe it would be nice, but i dont think i could ever really trust them again, despite the fact that they do seem to be a better organised company than the one i travelled with......be nice to get an offer, but i dont see it coming! :lol: .....and yes, i informed them how much they had lost......i had been happy with Siesta for the two years prior to that....probably cost them in the region of £4K so far over the past 6 years!

Bashing? Well, if purely telling the truth is bashing, then im a basher! I never told any lies (this is holidaytruths after all!) about my problem with Siesta, i merely wished to highlight those problems to others on here. The fact that i got an apology after 6 years shows that this is a bloody good site! :) Whilst i may never trust them again, i will now at least be able to say to people that yeah, i didnt enjoy my break with them, but at least they did get round to apologising and have made changes to their complaints team (5 years ago!) in response to those kind of problems. That's got to be a result?

Ok, ill revise the post.....they aint 1000th anymore.....but they are still bottom ;) :lol:

Hope your booking with them goes well, they do appear to have improved a bit since i went with them! :)
...one thing i forgot to add there:

What i dont quite understand, is that they parted company with the offending customer service chap (the person i dealt with) in the year 2000 - they must have had a reason.

Why then, didnt they look back at some of the files then, and make apologies? There had clearly been a few cases that were poorly handled, so why not fix it then?

That one baffled me! :?:
It was about 12 years ago that i first heard about Ferris and, as a single dad with three children, I couldn't believe the prices they charged. I could have a Spanish holiday in a 3* half board hotel for about the same as I had been paying for a caravan holiday in Weymouth! I still go with them and they get better every year. Only problem I've ever had was with their recommended insurance, I now get it elsewhere.
I think most people take their own insurance these days! :) Wonder how many people still take the company offered one?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.