General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
When I entered Israel from Egypt, the Israeli's were not happy to accept my British passport as it had an Egyptian visa stamp in it. They didnt refuse me entry, they just refused to put the Israeli stamp in my passport. They had a special peice of paper that they stamped and temporarily attached that inside my passport. When I left the country, they removed it. I am not sure if this is still the case.
Dazbo, thank you for the FCO link. I have looked on there but found nothing specific. I was really hoping for peoples experiences, so many thanks val for posting your experience. I would hate to arrive somewhere to find I wasnt allowed entry because I have holidayed somewhere else. :(
I think they got it the wrong way round. For many years the Thomas Cook Overseas Timetable (usually more acurate than the FCO !) warned that people visiting most Arab countries would be refused entry if they had an Israeli stamp in their passport, the Israelis brought in a system where your stamps could be put on a loose form which was carried with the passport to avoid that problem. The situation has supposedly improved as far as Egypt and Jordan go but I don't know about the rest.

But the program raised a more serious issue. They were travelling around with "excess" passports (assuming they weren't theatrical props for the purpose of building up the plot) in Israel. Current UK government advice is to be very careful with passports in Israel, including when dealing with government officials, due to the case when stolen UK passports were used by a Mossad death squad to enter Dubai a while back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.