Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Re: Topless..
52 Posts
as a 43 yr old male from uk i find it my duty to get my tatts oot :haha only jokin i really dont know why woman go topless in any country anyway as when they get home they never get them oot again till next year,but i cant help lookin :angel2
madasharley wrote:
well i will chuck my penny's worth in as a rule i personnaly have no problem with the ladies going topless,the more the merrier i think :tongue
what i do have a problem with is the people who go topless in the swimming pool or aroung the childrens pool. :(
i was once asked by a youngish lady to blow up her airbed whilst my wife was sat next to me :really almost pooked my eye out actually :rofl

PSML at that one. :rofl
Hi,
We were in Taba Heights in January and there were a few ladies topless on the beach lay down including me once i had seen the others, i dont see the problem on the beach as the windbreaks make it quite private. Like others have said i wouldnt dream of swimming or walking around but i dont see the harm in lying on the beach. Lets face it boobs are in our faces everyday either in the papers or films so whats the big deal we all work hard all year for our holidays so why shouldnt we enjoy it there are worse things such as rude and arrogant people that make the hotel staffs life a misery by complaining all the time getting plastered and talking to them like dirt we witnessed a lot of that when we were there. I am counting down to our return to Taba now have only 15 sleeps to go and no doubt i will once again sunbathe topless only on the beach
We have been to Egypt (Luxor & Aswan mainly) and have visited Hurghada once.

I would never consider going topless in Egypt as I feel it's discourteous.

We came to live in Cyprus almost 5yrs ago and even here, topless is still not really the "done" thing..

We regularly use a swimming pool on a timeshare complex and I've only ever seen 1 young girl go topless there.

Our local beach at Curium is mostly a residents beach but is frequented by holidaymakers and it's very rare to see anyone topless on that beach too and also on Ladies Mile beach.

Surely, it's not a necessity to go topless in this day and age? There are enough ways to remove straps without going the whole hog and as a last resort, there are plenty of fake tan lotions to hide strap marks for special occasions when "that" dress is the only one that will do...

Lets just say, I had er "enhancing" surgery not too long ago - and very proud of it too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to shove 'em in everybody's face just for the hell of it.

There are places you do and places you don't.... and in my opinion, Egypt is definitely a no no.

Maybe if we look at it another way..... if it was a place where it is legal for men (or ladies for that matter) to sleep with adolescents of under 16yrs of age - would you want to see them getting amorous in front of you on the beach or by the pool?

It isn't something we from UK are used to seeing, so why would you want to see it somewhere else?

CwB
Im a 28year old hetro male and even I hate it when women sunbath/parade around topless.

IMO Boobs are for the bedroom...not the beach. ;)
Not every one that goes topless, parades about!!! I go topless if others do in Egypt or Turkey but i don't walk about or go in the pool topless. We're not bad people!!!! Just lie on my lounger with my top off!! No harm.
Bring out the heavy artillery ;)
It's interesting that most people say they tend to go topless if they see others doing it too....

If you felt comfortable with going topless or shall I say, if you felt it was okay to go topless - then it shouldn't bother you even if you are the only one.

My opinion only is there are places that going topless is acceptable but in Middle East, it really is not considered polite to bare your boobs in public.

CwB
Cyprus couldn't agree with you more
Personally I wouldnt go topless even if you paid me but I have no objection to those who do. What I do object to is people breaking the rules especially in a country like Egypt where you could be offending the local people by going topless. I f a hotel has specifically asked you not to do it then you should have the courtesy not to...
When i asked our pool attendant what he thought about seeing ladies topless, he said bring it on - ASDA PRICE !!!

Michelle x
sonesta beach resort queen :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.