Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: topless?
49 Posts
Do what is comfortable to you, if others around you are topless then do it. You are, after all, on holiday, something you've worked hard for, so go and enjoy it and get your white bits brown. :cheers
Les
this post was just begging for one of use to have a bit opf a laugh karen spose it had to be me :yikes
yea john youre the trouble maker lol :rofl

ive never seen anyone topless in akyaka in all the years ive been going and no im not going to be the first :rofl :rofl
you will get more attention than you would in say Spain if you go topless but nothing that will matter. In marmaris lots and lots of people sunbathe topless and go into bars topless on the beachfront and dance in the clubs at night time at bar street topless so I wouldn't worry about it. I sunbathe topless but even I think its wrong to walk to the bar with your boobs out!
be warned not all the turkish people agree with topless bathing this is one of the most compaints about the russians. they tend to flaunt them selves, so be discreet and you will be ok :tongue
I have always gone topless in Turkey, i am always discreet and cover up to go to the bar or swimming. I usually ask one of managers if it is ok so not to upset them.
greenshoes wrote:
In marmaris lots and lots of people sunbathe topless and go into bars topless on the beachfront and dance in the clubs at night time at bar street topless

Oh my God !! what a site that must be :yikes

Sunbathing discreetly on the beach is one thing but dancing in a club with it all hanging out and bouncing about is quite another :omg
As i have already said t have been going to turkey for many years and seen many women topless ,but never once in a bar at anytime day or night.As you say Kedi what a sight that would be ,end up having some poor guys eye out . :D
Bluepeterno1
Sounds like another reason to avoid Marmaris like the plague, if you ask me... :yikes
Is that the plaque or the plague Blondiescot ;) :rofl
Well spotted Kedi - I've changed it now! :D
the bar street clubs in Marmaris are very much like the clubs in every European clubbing resort in that lots of people take their clothes off! Never seen anyone do this on seaside but on Bar street in the clubs yes.

In Laganas in Zante most girls just were hotpants and a bikini top out clubbing :offtop
I personally wouldn't dream of sunbathing topless in Turkey. Ever.
I
believe that topless is tolerated in some resorts.

However, it is definitely something which does offend local people and reinforces their opinions of the lack of morals and dignity in Europe.

Apollo's response wasn't judgemental, it was merely an answer to your question hisandhers. You wanted to know if it might be considered offensive after all!

There was only 1 topless female by the pool on our resort, everyone else remained 'covered', presumably out of respect to 'local customs', which don't include getting them out. The other holidaymakers didn't take much notice, but then her bazookers were a saggy pair and would have looked better left white and covered up. An old gardener kept discretely drooling in her direction and hopefully only disappeared into the bushes to do a bit of weeding :tongue :tongue ......................
We were at the Belcekiz Beach Hotel this year and to honest some of the sights over weight women in the pool topless walking round the pool area topless make me as a male want it baning dont these women look in the mirror before baring their chests.Topless women on the beach everywhere but not in the sea.
Just returned from Gumbet and wouldn't have felt at all comfortable going topless either in the hotel or on the beach to be honest as it just felt "wrong". However there were plenty of pensionable age women going for it and swimming in the pool topless too :yikes
not a pretty sight o.a.p topless in and around the pool :yikes :yikes
The ones I saw (women that is) were in there 30s terrrible sight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.