Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi, we have stayed in Torreblance loads of times. Its a nice walk along the seafront, or you can catch the train, really cheap and Fuengirola is two stops away from Torreblanca. Also go the otherway and you can get to Belmadina ?? (excuse spelling) and Torremolonios ??
We really like it more there than in Fuengirola.
Have a good trip and hope you enjoy it.
We will be there ourselves two weeks today yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hi.

Torreblanca is a good spot to stay for a break. It is at the end of the 7 kilometre beach that Fuengirola has and so is ideal. You have plenty of bars and cafes here and some small supermarkets to stock up.

Obviously it depends on where you are staying as to how far away from the beach you are, but it is within walking distance to Fuengirola, although along one at that, but nice along the seafront.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Can anyone recommend any good restraunts and nice bars to go to ?

Thanks
Danny
Hi Danny,
There is a bar in Torreblanca opposite the Fuengirola Park Hotel, called The Rovers Return, decor is not up to much, but there is aways a good atmosphere, and the drinks "are cheap as chips"
"Cheers" is quite a nice place to eat, on the seafront.
The Chinese Restaurants are lovely too.
Hope this helps, we go in 11 days, if I find any new ones, I will let you know.
Jen
Thanks Jen,

I'll be sure to enjoy a few cold ones in the rovers !
Torreblanca is a great resort (I would say that as I rent out an apartment there).
It's great to get away from the hustle and bustle of Fuengirola, the beaches are nice yet it's within walking distance of Fuengirola if you want an active holiday.
There are plenty of bars etc..but one of my favourites is the Strawberries Bistro, which is over the road from Hotel Gardenia Park, just before you get to the railway bridge.
Run by an English couple, the price is very reasonable (approx 12 euros for 3 courses) and the food quality and portions are excellent. Deffo worth a visit.
Thanks for the help with this,
As you may have seen with my other post, I've also seen another really nice apartment in Torrequebrada, so am now stuck with a choice, Torreblanca still seems to be favourite as a base with fuengirola walking distnance and Benalmdena being a short bus ride away.

Would we be able to walk to the parque paloma from Torreblanca ?

Thanks
Danny
me and the wife walked it (albeit the other way} and it took over an hour. It is not the pleasant walk that it was when we did it 5 years ago, now you are breathing diesel fumes the whole way. Torreblanca is your best bet to stay, as Torrequebrada is miles out of both towns. Buses are cheap and regular, and stop right below the Parque Paloma. Get off at the Bil-Bil Castle, cross the road and up a small incline. You can walk up through the park to Arroyo de Miel and get the train back to Torreblanca.
A good place to eat in Torreblanca is the Cafe Manila on the promenade towards Los Boliches. Cheap and tasty.
Thanks for your help Folks, I've booked a place in Torreblanca, were off in 2 weeks
looking forward to the CDS and will let everyone know what we though when we get back

Any bar/restraunt recommendations are welcomed

Thanks again
Danny
try the Flamingo bar on the pasaeo maritimo across from the el bote restaurant which is expensive. the family are really friendly and the food is great, cheap too, and the drink is fantastic...try the homemade sangria
Danny, dont know if you have left yet ???
We have just got back today, really hot weather, lovely holiday, nice and rexaling too.
Had a lovely meal up Torrablanca end, its called the "Wessex" and if you like Indial food, but we had a nice meal at the Indian next door to the Wessex.
Really nice friendly couple in Baccaus, its a bar, you can play Bingo and Hoy !! we made a few euro's in there.
The only thing is, they are only allowed music or a turn, on a Sunday, because the horrible man next door to them complained !! they were not even really loud !!! (Some people eh !!)
Oh well, on with some washing now. :( :( :(
Thanks Hollands, We arrive there on Friday morning and are staying aboutr 1 mile from the train station at Torreblanca, were looking forward to it and will certainly keep an eye out for the Wessex and the other bar you mentioned.
We also like Idian, so will no doubt call in to the one next door, if you think it's OK.
Someone posted a link to a new Mexican in Fungirola, will deffop be in there at least once.

Happy hols !
Ok Danny, didnt know if you had already gone.

Another tip for you, the Fuengirola Park Hotel, have a "Happy Hour" from 6 o,clock till 7 o,clock, two drinks for the price of one !! on Tuesday and Friday evening!! its ever so cheap. And dont forget the Rovers Return pub, accross the road from there, its also cheap as chips, not very posh, but drinks are cheap, and always someone to natter with.

Lets know how you get one, when you get home.
I hope you have a lovely time. (Wish I was back there now !!!)
We are going over again on the 9th of March, six months time, yipeeee

Jen
Will do Jen, thanks again and to everyone who has helped me out.
Really looking forward to a week in the sunshine "where a man can slow down to a stroll and live life full measure!"
Will deffo go into Fuengirola and Benalmadena, go to the parque paloma and feed the ducks etc, not to bothered about Torremolinos but if it's a really warm might go to the water park there as it's supposed to be th best one.

Just looking forward to chilling out with plenty opf great food and ice cold beverages !!

Danny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.