Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Mike,

I'm intrigued. Had they actually confirmed a reservation on your behalf?

Cyprus100
Trailfinders I find an excellent company, with good customer service - I wonder if they had been overly 'helpful' in this case by booking everything to help secure the booking, or maybe miscontrued something you said?
I've used Trailfinders in the past and they have been very good.

When you request they look into travel arrangements for you, when the email comes back it always says the balance due but they don't actually book anything for you. It is more held on a reserved basis. If you no longer want the quote then you don't have to do anything. Trailfinders will not contact you again. If you are happy with the quote then you contact them to go ahead and then they will book it for you.

I know it looks alarming when you see that the balance is due but honestly there is nothing to worry about!
ilovelanz and Travelling Sam,
I expect they are a genuine company and my research elsewhere confirms they have a good reputation. Cyprus100, the paperwork I received stated that the airline flights were confirmed the accommodation in Miami, whilst hotel address and details were shown stated Not Requested.

I'd received no email.

That was part of the problem. If I'd had an email quoting an Itinerary Reference number I would have been able to view the proposal and compare to the quote from the operator we eventually booked with. However, Trailfinders don't sent emails they provide a reference number that you enter when accessing their web site and this provides the information.

I'm happy there's nothing untoward here but I do feel Trailfinders could improve matters by emailing the quote and removing the suggestion that this is a "done deal" by clearly indicating that it is a QUOTE.

I don't wish to make too big a deal about this but did feel it was worth mentioning on this site for others to be aware of.
Thanks Mike as I was considering contacting them for next year it's good to know.
I use Trailfinders for at least one holiday a year. This is normal practice for them. They hold the flights for you, hence it showing as "Confirmed" on the invoice. As previously mentioned, they haven't actually made any booking for you at all, just put seats/hotels on hold.

Don't be alarmed by this - they won't ask for money because the quote will only be valid for so many days. After this it becomes void and all seats/hotels are released.

As I use them so often I'm used to them operating this way. Personally I find it very helpful, but I guess that's just me. I've just booked the holiday of a lifetime with them - 5 of us are going to Australia in October.

One of the reasons they do hold the seats for you is because they get them at a discounted rate, so to offer that price for you they hold the seats.

Hope this alleviates any fears you may have! Please don't let this influence the company though as they really are tops when it comes to tailor-making your holidays.
I had the same with Thomas Cook Mike. I had to do a doubletake as, for a moment, I thought that I had somehow managed to make a booking. Some folks must actually panic.
Appreciate your responses to this thread. I will not discount checking in future with Trailfinders.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.