Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I`m pretty sure that all public transport ,trains buses and taxis run 365 days a year. It is about 10/15 minutes walk downhill to the Bali but there is cab stand at the station.
Hi

Boxing Day doesn't exist in Spain, so trains will be running to a normal Saturday service The last train from Malaga is about 22.30 (apprx 22.40 at the airport), and I would advise getting a txi from Arroyo station - there should be plenty there, it'll be about 5 Euros to the Bali - a bit far to walk if you have luggage. Much cheaper than getting a taxi from the airport.
Taxi from airport approx 20 euros and much less hassle than humping bags across the airport car park to the station which now seems further from the terminal than usual, even though it hasn't moved. You'd need a taxi downhill to the Bali, so all in all, you'd save about 10 euros and buy a lot of aggravation. The train is great when you have no bags to haul around.
I think whether to get a taxi from the airport or use the train, is a matter of personal choice, especially if there are more than 4 passengers, which would require 2 taxi's because taxi's are not licensed to carry more than 4 passengers.

The taxi fare to the Bali will be more than €20, it cost me €25 & €22 in September to the hotel Aloha Puerto/Airport, which is at the end of the Torremolinos zone, so you can safely say it's going to cost around €25 into the Benalmadena zone and the Bali...and if you times that by 2 taxi's, the train and the hassle due to the construction taking place at the moment, seems worth it.
Personal choice...there's advantages/disadvantages on both methods of transport.
Sorry, Sanji.. must have quoted the fare I used to pay to Jupiter/Minerva up to three years ago... we go to Torreblanca now and that's about 30, but there's usually four of us so that works out reasonably without having to hump suitcases about the place. Our general rule of thumb is take the train when travelling light, cab otherwise (cos we've got a big hill up to our house)! Personal choice, as you say... yin and yan.
Thank you all we are travelling light as it is only 4 days and we are flying with ryanair so just hand luggage, the train sounds great and we will probaly jump in a cab at the train station down to the Bali

:sun2
Don't know if you've been before, but there's a very hospitable pub, just up to the left from the Bali... Legends in Bonanza Square... particularly good if you are into football or general sports.. not rough or noisy, generally a good crowd. They don't serve meals but snacks are pretty good. Always found it warm and welcoming in winter.
Thank you will certainly give it a look in always nice getting a warm welcome , usually go to Benidorm this time of year so it should be a wee change x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.