Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
dont know how much a taxi will cost you but make sure you agree to a price before you get in!
we have just returned from bodrum and they will take english stirling,euros or turkish lira in most places so its up to you what currency you take although it might be handy to have a few turkish lira with you if you need to get a dolmus anywhere.
hope you have a good holiday :D
Hi Graham

It is fairly easy to get a Taxi from Bodrum airport and if I remember rightly it costs around £40 for the transfer.Not too sure how far it was but it took about 45 minutes transfer from Bodrum airport to Gumbet.

Justin.
mifty12 wrote:
Hi Graham

It is fairly easy to get a Taxi from Bodrum airport and if I remember rightly it costs around £40 for the transfer.Not too sure how far it was but it took about 45 minutes transfer from Bodrum airport to Gumbet.

Justin.

Thanks Justın.

I am currently ın gumbet and havıng a super tıme. weather great etc. ıf only I could say the same for the Keyboard ın the Internet cafe!
I found a company on the Internetö Aegean Tours ın Bodrum and they collected me at 03,45 etcç and the cost was only 40 Euro. so excellent servıce. and ıt all worked!

Off to Kos on FRıday.................. thanks once agaınç
Graham
How much is it likely to cost from Bodrum airport to either Bodrum itself or Gumbet, for 5 people.

Thanks
Loads - you'd be better trying to get a transfer organised with your hotel - try emailing them or phoning them direct.

Or, I could pm you with the email address of a contact I have in Gumbet who does airport transfers all over the Bodrum peninsula - cheaper than a taxi, and British drivers.

Elaine
Just to give you an idea of what it would have cost to get a taxi - it was advertised for airport from my hotel in Bodrum that it was about 55-60 euros or lira.
Hi Elaine,

Could you please email me their details as well? I am looking for a transfer from Bodrum airport to Marmaris on Saturday.

Many thanks!
Hi Calypso,

I'll pm you the contact details, but I'm not sure if they'll do a transfer that far. Maybe you should contact your hotel in Marmaris and ask them if they can arrange a transfer.

Have pm'd you.

Elaine
I thought anyone that gets a holiday to Marmaris would fly to Dalaman airport not Bodrum?? :?
Does anyone know how much the Havas Bus Service from Bodrum Airport into the Centre of Bodrum costs ? Either One Way or Return Fare.

Or a price of a taxi ?

Are these the cheapest ways to transfer from the Airport ?

Many thanks

Lee-Ann, London :lol:
The Havas service costs about 9YTL each, one way. There isn't an option to buy a return ticket. These buses leave regularly every day and there is a board at Bodrum bus station showing what time they go, with their timings coinciding with Turkish Airlines flights. It takes about 25 minutes to get to the airport.

A taxi will cost about 50-65YTL.

You could always arrange for your hotel to send a car to meet you at the airport.

Karen
Dear Karen,

Thanks for such an amazingly quick reply.

Much appreciated.

Lee-Ann :lol:
hi does anybody know of a good private trasnsfer firm to take 9 of us to our appartments in 2006,this year we were in marmaris and used carol at tunga travel it was fantastic but i dont think she works out of bodrum airport
we have always used lovetours.they are a company based in altinkum and they drop off and pick up to private apartments.the cost this sept. was 10pounds each person one way.you can find them on the net and get their phone number or book via e.mail. we paid the driver one way and then called into the office to check our pickup time and paid for the return.they also do daily trips to ephesus etc. i recommend the company highly and they are cheaper than most companies.
We always use Proper Car Rental based in Bodrum for car hire or transfers. They have always been reliable even for flights in the middle of the night.
http://www.propercar.com/bodrum-airport-transfer.htm
Does anyone know of a company that does reasonable priced transfers from Bodrum airport to hotels in Altinkum? I have looked on a few websites and so far have been quoted £174.00 and another £230.00 for a return trip ! Is this amount normal? We paid £70 last year Dalaman to Olu Deniz for the same lenght of journey. Thanks.
Hi I am looking for shuttle prices from bodrum airport to bodrum town. Does anyone have a link or information please.6 of us going out 9th april.......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Tina
Hiya Tina,

There was a similar request before about this, and this was the answer -

"The Havas service costs about 9YTL each, one way. There isn't an option to buy a return ticket. These buses leave regularly every day and there is a board at Bodrum bus station showing what time they go, with their timings coinciding with Turkish Airlines flights. It takes about 25 minutes to get to the airport.

A taxi will cost about 50-65YTL.

You could always arrange for your hotel to send a car to meet you at the airport. "

One word of warning though Tina, if you're looking for a local shuttle transfer for a night time flight into Bodrum airport, you won't find one - the Havas bus service only runs during the day, or if there is an evening Turkish Airlines flight.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.