Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya,
We have booked to go Pineta Park Hotel in Marmaris at the end of September.We do not have transfers included in our package, I have found two companies on the net that do return airport transfers they are :-
Marmaris-transfers.com
transferonly.com
Has anyone ever been with either of these? There are 6 adults and 2 children so we will need a mini-bus the prices are £120.00 and £110.00 they sound reasonable for a private transfer but I want to find out if they are reliable.
Also has anyone been to this hotel any info would be appreciated.
What would the weather be like at the end of September, we went to Turgetries in May and it was hot would it be anything like May?
Many Thanks for any replies,
Anne
8)
Hi Anne. Why not give JT a ring on 01512893939 I am sure he will fix you up at a very reasonable price. Happy hols Anna xxxxxxxxxxx
:) hi! we are due to go to this hotel in marmaris resort on 26.8.06.
please advice on best way for airport transfer from dalaman airport to marmaris resort.
it's for 2 adults and 2 children we get there @ 1 am at night and return flight is leaving there @ 1 am at night.

any advice will be appreciated as this is my 1st time in turkey.
Hiya,
There are now 8 adults and 4 children and I have looked on Icmeleronline

and the price is £192. The price fron marmaris-transfer.com is £130 for a midi-bus, its £110 from transferonly.com which is a big difference. Has anyone been with marmaris-transfer or transferonly?
Many Thanks
Anne
:roll:
can anyone help booked a good deal holiday from uk travel shop an we got conformation today looks like it us accomodation voucher seperate transfers seperate an also flights seperate but the thing thats worring me is the transferits from trust transfer an they are using yesil dalyan travel -transfers has any one been with them as i dont know if its a coach or a mini bus or taxi as thats one thing that i hate when you go to marmaris is that stop that they all take at the horrible little toilet break that no one really wants as all you want to do is just get to your hotel as it usually takes about 2hrs to get there can anyone help me please
Sharon sure you will be fine if the transfer is already arranged. Must admit your post was a bit difficult to read with no full stops anywhere :lol:
hi al321, sorry about not putting full stops in, im not good at writting on the net , but do you think we will be fine , have you been to marmaris ,this will be our 5th time an cant wait
Hiyya everyone. I'm not going to Marmaris until 2nd July next year but does anyone know how much a private transfer costs and also a good company to book this with. Thanks.
Try transferonly.com. If you go on their website you can get a quote. I'm using them next week on a recommendation from someone on this site so when I come back I'll let you know how it went.
Hi everyone,

Got back last Tuesday from Marmaris. Had great time. Used Transferonly.com for transfer to resort (Shuttle bus £35.00 return). As promised their Airport Guide was waiting for me when I arrived, holding a card up with my name on it. We just had to wait about 20 minutes for some other people to arrive then it was straight to resort with just one short 'comfort' break.

Only hitch was on the return journey - they were 45 minutes late picking me up from the hotel to go to Dalaman. Having said this they had phoned my hotel to say they would pick me up at 1700 hours (so I knew they hadn't forgotten me!!). However, when 1730 came and went the receptionist at the hotel kindly phoned them for me. They were on their way but had been held up in traffic. They arrived at 1745 and we were at Dalaman by 1915, straight there, no stops.

Great new airport as well, very efficient with huge duty free shop.
Thanks for the feedback Chris - glad to know it went OK..we are using them in 3 weeks :D ...can you tell me the journey time to Dalaman -my friends' recollections are pretty hazy about this :?
About an hour and a half. There were about 3 police road blocks on the way to Dalaman Airport though, increased security and all that. We didn't actually get stopped but had to slow down considerably. The shuttle bus is a 12 seater. Bit like whacky races at times but we got there OK!!

Have a great time. :hyper

Oh and :thanks for the lead on Transferonly.
Chris by wacky races do you mean doing- whats that phrase hair raising or hair spin corners, (too fast I mean never slowing down taking them), I was scared for my first time in four years of travelling to Marmaris this year, in July a.m. with Icm online, talk about scaring the bejesus out of you, and I'm not easily scared, but that driver drove like a maniac and if I had thought he understood English or slowed down for a minute so I could ask him if he did I would have said for God's sake would you slow down a bit, but definitely before I get into that situation again I will ask beforehand if their intention is to drive so badly or so dangerously, rem., ask beforehand, and at time of booking.
Like most people in Turkey, he was just driving fast, not dangerously. The roads to the airport are very good anyway.
Chris if taking bends at breakneck speed without ever slowing down, is not driving dangerously, what is?, (100 bends at least on the way to Marmaris) what else is there to say.
Can't remember mentioning taking bends at breakneck speeds, however, yes he was driving fast along the straights but DID slow down at bends.
Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone has got the bus from the airport to Marmaris before. I'm travelling independently so have no transfer arranged. Anybody know how frequently they go?

Any info would be great, thanks
:)
Jess
Jess have you tried transferonline? i priced their shuttlebus service and it was £35 return trip which i thought was great. Sorry never used the bus
Jess, try transferonly.com. Their return shuttle service is £35.00 and you can pay in Sterling when you get there. You can pay either the airport guide or the driver. I used them in September when I travelled to Turkey alone. They were there waiting for me when I arrived at the airport. On the return journey, they contacted me 24 hours before departure to let me know the pick up time.

I found them very efficient. Like you, I was a bit concerned as my previous holidays had included the transfer and this was the first time I had had to book my own.

Have a great time.

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.