Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi I lived in Nicosia for 11 years from 1992 to 2003 and used to travel reguarly to see my parents in Paphos. There is Alepa bus which leaves at 15.45 hours and gets into Paphos around 18.30, stopping in Limassol at one stop only on the way. The coaches are air conditioned or heated and very comfortable. The pickup point in Nicosia for the Alepa bus is in a car park to the left and behind all the kiosks Solomides Square, almost opposte (but slightly to the right) of the Holiday Inn. There is only one bus a day. It leaves Paphos at 8.00 a.m. but I cannot remember the street name it leaves from, and then it returns from Nicosia at 15.45. From April onwards it is best to try and get a ticket in advance if you can because they are very popular.

OK I have found a site with a telephone number of Alepa and I hope it is the current one:

Alepa Bus Company Tel No: 99 625027 Pafos, Limassol, Coral Bay beach, Kato Pafos, Nicosia

There are only airports in Larnaca or Paphos and the Alepa buses do not operate from Larnaca.

Alternatively, you can use the service taxis which are ideal if you have a lot of luggage and want to be picked up from your doorstep, but the service taxis are far more expensive (Alepa one way to Paphos in 2003 was Cyprus £5 [now use Euro] whereas the service taxis involve one fare from Nicosia to Limassol, wait around, sometimes for over an hour, and then another fare from Limassol to Paphos and cost well over Cyprus £7 in 2003). Most of the drivers chain-smoke and so there is no air-conditioning and their windows are left open, even on a cold winter's day. The vehicles seat 7 people and if they have 7 separate people to pick up from 7 different destinations, they can take over an hour before they leave Nicosia or Limassol (the whole thing is repeated from Limassol to Paphos).

The Alepa buses are by far the most comfortable and cheaper to travel by.

Be aware that the Greek Easter is differnt from ours and Good Friday is on Friday 25th April 2008. The Alepa bus may not travel on this date but sometimes they have limited taxis on holidays, so it is best to check. As Easter means more to Cypriots than Christmas, it is unlikely that there will be any buses or taxis over the Easter Holiday, so best to check beforehand.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.