Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Travel Republic don't book direct with hotels. They book via accommodation providers (bedbanks). If the bedbank booked you in a complex that was due to close, they either weren't informed it was due to close, or they booked it when they shouldn't have done.

As per the terms and conditions you agreed to when you booked hopefully you contacted your accommodation supplier while you were in resort, thus giving them the chance to rectify the problem? If you didn't give them this chance you might not get very far with a complaint.

Travel Republic are only an agent. They have no contact with individual hotels, and don't book with them so this isn't their fault. You're complaint is with their accommodation supplier who's name and contact details will have been on your confirmation/accommodation voucher.

Travel Republic can only try to help by forwarding your complaint to the company you have the contract with, and theirs back to you. In any event, Travel Republic have 28 days from receipt of your complaint to reply to you, even if that reply is only a holding letter.
If you look on your ATOL receipt it will tell you who Travel Republic used to book the accommodation through (like sunaddict states above), if it doesn't show a supplier, then they (Travel Republic) are the 'principal' and responsible for the error.
Travel Republic don't act as principal. They are agent only.
Every time I have booked accommodation via Travel Republic the invoice has always listed a different company as the supplier. I would be very surprised to discover that they are ever the principal in any accommodation booking made via them.

Also, it's possible that the OP wasn't issued with an ATOL certificate and TR's own home page clearly states that whilst all 'Flight Plus' bookings made with them are covered by ATOL that not all bookings made through them are. The OP makes no mention of having booking flights as well as the accommadtion through TR at the same time - if all they booked via TR was the accommodation then my understanding is that the booking wouldn't be covered by the ATOL scheme. Their booking confirmation, however, will make clear who is the prcincipal for any booking made via TR.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.