Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
£100 seems an excessive charge just for ammendments. Are you sure this is the fee they're levying or could it be that the flight prices for your new dates are that much more expensive? I know flight prices change frequently and it maybe the case that there are no cheap flights available for your new dates.
You could be right actually, I think the flights have gone up £80 each and maybe they could be charging £20 per person to change. Just seemed odd being exactly £100.
The price of flights changes frequently, often the more seats sold on a flight the price increases, up until about 2 weeks before travel when seem to start selling them off.

I would imagine Travel Republic will just be passing on the increase in the cost of the flights to you.
In fact, the flights have only gone up £30 each so it still seems excessive!
Might be 30 per person for the increased flight costs and 20 per person admin fee.

This will probably be listed in their terms and conditions on their web-site.

I guess the rest is because the accommodation is more expensive on the date you are now going to travel on.
Yes I think you are right, I completely forgot that the flights may have gone up in price.

Thanks for all your help anyway.
I would imagine the fee to amend the flights is made up of increased flight price, the airline costs to amend plus travel republic costs to amend.
Hi ht1878, sorry havent been on here for a week or so. PM me your booking ref and I will itemise the charges for you.

You should not be being charged more than £20 for the change by Travelrepublic (that is me!), so I can check this for you.

Thanks Steve
Hi

Thanks for replying. For some reason it says I dont have the capability to send a PM? Not sure why. Any ideas?
I have spoken to ht1878 and itemised the charges for changing. It looks like it was the supplier charging most of the additional cost.

Most of the quote to change was for the flights, the breakdown is:

Custom Flights amendment fee £50pp
Custom Flights increase in price of new flights compared to old flights £35pp
Travelrepublic admin fee £20
Total £190.

£10 less than before but it was a week ago, so price of flights may have changed.

What I will advise our Customer Services is they should break this down, so customers can work out who is charging what. Thank you for raising this issue. The original quote did look high without an explanation of what it consisted of.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.