Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
travel republic
16 Posts
Hi wrighty57 ... you are presumably referring to the collapse of Goldtrail, which I am sure you appreciate is totally outwith the control of Travel Republic. Whilst I have every sympathy with your predicament, there are CAA regulations in place with regard to ATOL bonding and refunds, which govern what companies such as Travel Republic can or cannot do when a supplier or principal ceases trading. You can only speak as you find, and it is your choice whether or not to book with them again. However, I do know that some of our members have booked with them specifically because of how speedily and efficiently they reacted to previous company failures which they had the misfortune to be caught up in. Some companies swung into action on Friday evening as soon as news of Goldtrail's demise was emerging and I know that Steve from Travel Republic was on here straight away, in fact he posted to advise members of the collapse before even the CAA and most of the media had details on their websites. So whilst it may not seem like it while you are on the end of the phone trying to get through, I'm sure lots was happening behind the scenes to try and help those with imminent departure dates.

You will find more info and discussion in our GOLDTRAIL topic, where some members are frustrated at still being unable to speak to their travel companies due to the sheer volume of calls.

We also have a TRAVEL REPUBLIC topic which is monitored by Steve if you have any questions for him, bearing in mind that he will be somewhat snowed under at the moment.

David :wave
Personally have never had a problem with TR but as David has said if this is relation to the collapse of Goldtrail, it's beyond TR's control and a little unfair of you to heap the blame for your current predicament on them! I do feel for you but blaming TR for a situation they have no control over is more than a little unfair.
Another thumbs up for TR from me. Just booked accomodation with them again for next Easter. I do feel for the people who've been let down by Goldtrail but when the same thing happened to my parents when XL went bust, TR did all they could to help out although at the end of the day once the matter was passed to the CAA their hands were tied.
With ref. to Travel Republic we have used them on many occasions and found them to be first class, as for the price increase in the flights, TR are not a airline but i suspect that as Goldtrail have now gone bust the other airlines are" making hay whilst the sun shines" bearing in mind that a lot of the companies will have lost money with the volcanic ash problem it is inevitable that if an oppertunity arrises to make extra revenue it will happen.
I must post here to defend Travel Republic. I use them every year for a total of 7 months hotel bookings for Frank and myself and various friends who travel to join us in Tunisia. (there will be even more this coming winter) Their service has been faultless and if there is something out of the norm, Steve is there to offer help -- and never fails to do so.
It must be a nightmare for those who have been affected by the Goldtrail collapse and I feel for all of them, but please don't blame Travel Republic and others who have been left once again to try to clear up the mess of yet another failed travel company. Jenny x
I booked my flights with travelrepublic,I certainly didnt blame them when customflights went bust !! they managed to transfer my flights with another flight provider for the same price,and forwarded my forms to CAA.Steve was very helpful and personally looked into some problems I had with the CAA and sorted it out the same day,now thats service!! I had my refund within 3 months,some people are still waiting for theirs who booked with other agents.
Hi wrighty57, I have sent you another private message. I cant really help much unless you tell me your booking reference. In the absence of specific information, I can only give non-specific advice though.
Attention of Admin.

Steved1 Has sent a PM to wrighty57. The rules for new members do not allow for the PM service to be available initially so he will not be getting them. Can you assist please.

fwh
It is ok fwh, wrighty57 did get pm I sent on Monday, and replied to it. I think new members cannot create and send a pm, but they can reply.
Above is correct FWH but thanks for your concern :tup
You know sometimes the members on this forum are worth their weight in gold.
This forum just has such a personal touch :tup
I too must defend TR - we've used them for a holiday to Portugal - great price, decent SC accommodation - couldn't find fault. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
i too had a problem with t.r ..when xl went bust they were no help at all .they are a great company when all is going well ..BUT if not look out .i speak from my knowledge of them
Hi everybody,having booked our 8 flights to turkey through travel republic and the bankrupt company goldtrail travel yesterday 12 august we got a reply from the caa in a letter ,they said they were looking in to our claim for the retuned monies of £2280 .they said it would be months due to the amount of claims,they did not say which month or even year ????never mind we are off to turkey on monday if another co does not go bust,
I to was affected by goldtrail goin bust, I dont blame the travel company that I booked with, not their fault but I am having trouble trying to get a refund off them for rest of holiday, ie accommodation and transfers, they have been most unhelpful, but they were quick enough to call asking if I wanted other flights at a cost of £700 which my sister couldn't afford, that was qwerty travel. I don't blame airlines for trying to make some money either, but as usual it's the poor traveller who gets it in the neck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.