General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
They are supposed to work on the principles of acupressure (a bit like acupuncture but without the needles!) Don't know exactly how they do it, but they did work for my daughter, who used to suffer terribly from travel sickness. Even tablets and medicine from the doctor didn't work for her, but the bands did the trick. Worth a try - at least there are no side effects!

Oh, and a friend of mine also used them very successfully for morning sickness! :)
Thank you, I just was curious how they worked.
When my wife was pregnant she had terrible morning sickness and the travel bands worked for her. Better than medication that can make you drowsy.
My sister suffereds with terrible travel sickness for years until she discovered those bands.

She swears by them now. :)
2 pairs for a pound in Home Bargains this week!!!!! (black only)
Thanks TAH-M, I'll stock up on some for my sister. :)
One of the kids on our trip to Chicago was sick on the flight over. We bought her some bands for the trip back and she was OK. However another kid was sick instead!!!

I think they are pshycological (I know that is spelled wrong). When I was a kid my parents stopped me and my brother from being car sick by sitting us on a sheet of newspaper. Newspaper stops car sickness!!! We were never sick once that remedy was emplyed.
I think they are pshycological (I know that is spelled wrong).

I think there is some evidence that indicates that they do work, others dispute this, but evidence/trials by the late professor John Dundee *proved* by putting pressure on the meridian nerve at what is known as the acupuncture point P6 (or Nei-Kuan) reduced nausea and vomiting.......this is by constant presssure via a plastic stud being sewn into the wrist band, which interupts or intercepts the signals being sent to the brain

When they don't work, it's either because the stud is not located over the pressure point correctly or they have not been worn before the symptoms start.
Sea sickness occurs when conflicting messages are sent to the brain because the fluid in the ears detects movement, but the eyes are not in co-ordination, therefore if you close your eyes this will help to ease the nausea or apply the pressure before the conflicting signals are sent to the brain.
A frequent international traveller, Dundee developed a great interest in acupuncture. One of his most notable achievements was the discovery that appropriate use of acupressure can provide relief of morning sickness in pregnant women. His 1988 report on this work, published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, demonstrates significant reduction of nausea and vomiting in a controlled trial.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_John_Dundee

Sanji
Thanks Sanji :tup I tend to feel unwell any time I go by sea, backwards on trains, or long windy roads so was just wondering.
That sounds different although heard it before :really
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.