Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi stash

A few websites for you to look at,

Buses to/from Barca(via Lloret) http://www.sarfa com

no web but local buses (Pujol) run to/from Lloret 1/2 hourly
and about twice a day to Girona.

Various companies run boats up & down the coast,
one website http://www.dolfijetboats.com

Trains are not so staightforward, you have to take a local Pujol bus to Lloret & another from Lloret to Blanes RAILWAY Station not the Town.
Each leg cost 1.05 euro (Sep 2004)

Half hourly train service to Barcelona via allmain resorts on the coast.
On return buses waiting outside Blanes station to meet each train and take you back to Lloret. Check last buses from Lloret to Tossa as they stop quite early.

RENFE website http://www.horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html

Website for all attractions in Tossa including beach webcam
http://www.infotossa.com

We are going 4 Sep to Oasis Tossa for two weeks (our 15th time in Tossa)

I am sure you will enjoy, it is an ideal place to relax.

regards

Pars fan
Pars has given you the info you need it is a lovely place, we liked it that much we are going sept this year we were in santa susanna last year and made two trips to tossa one by boat and one by train and bus
rosie
:thanks
Thanks Pars and Rosie. Pars, this info is much appreciated. Looked on the infotossa website when we were thinking of booking and the pics sorta clinched it! It's my boyf's first time in mainland Spain and its a few years since I've been so cant wait to go back.
The train service is fabulous! We stayed in Pineda and regularly commuted into Barcelona, almost every day in fact.

The trains are clean, on time and everyone we met was extremely friendly, they are a great way to seat the coastline too.

If you make it into Barca, try to make a point of being there in the evening and go see the Barcelona Fountains, they will make your whole holiday!

C xxx
Thanku Scottishmum. We were actually thinking of staying over in Barcelona for a night or two while there as there are some quite cheap holsels (as recommended by this site). I was 7 last time I was in Barca, am now 23 (I'll be 24 when I'm over there) so reckon I'll apreciate it far more this time!
S:)
You definitely will!

Can also highly recommend La Sagrada Familia too, Gaudi's unfinished cathedral, what an awe inspiring building!!!

Have a wonderful time.

C xxx
We are going to Tossa de Mar at the beginning of July too, Stash. We are hoping to have a couple of days in Barcelona too. We've been before, twice, and loved it. Can't wait!
Stash
if you haven't already done so go to
http://www.virtourist.com/europe/tossa-blanes/index.html.
if it does not come up and says we will direct you to our home page click okay, click on europe and scroll down to catalonia where you can click on tossa gives you lots of info and picks and takes you on a 360 degree view of tossa
Rosie
You are all absolute stars! thanks for all the weblinks - gives me an excuse never to be bored at work...
Had a fabulous time in Tossa, my fiance and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet, relaxing holiday in a beautiful resort. We went to Barca for the day and it was great - got a taxi tossa-Blanes and then the train. Was 30€ each way for taxi and 7€ return for the train which wasnt bad as there were 4 of us. Definately reccomend getting a metro pass when in Barca 4€ all day and it gets you round all the sites. Bus, metro and trains A1 - British public transport could learn a thing or 2!
would it be easier to get the the boat to blanes from tossa?
if you are just going to blanes for the day, the boat would be a nice way to do it and not too expensive. check return times!
if you want to go anywhere from tossa, as i believe i commented on in another thread, you can have problems. to go by bus to blanes(town or station) you have to change in lloret, making it an arduous journey and even more so if you want to go on to other resorts or even barcelona.
note that there are very regular buses from lloret to barcelona for about 12 euros. fare from tossa to lloret is only about 2.50 euros.
Hi Pat

If it is just to visit Blanes for the day then the small boat takes 1hr 10min and cost about 12:50 euros return. There is also a bigger faster Dofi Jet boat but I do not have details.

If you mean continuing a journey to or from Barcelaon by rail by the time you get a bus from Blanes town to station I think you would be quicker going by bus Tossa - lloret - Blanes Stn.

regards

Pars fan
The boat trip from Tossa to Blanes is lovely.

We did the trip from Tossa to Barcelona, and it is a pain - but worth it! The last bus from Lloret to Tossa was not very late, so be careful (that was 2 years ago, don't know if it's changed).
can you get a boat to barcelona? I think you meant the bus!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.