Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
boat trips
158 Posts
Hi Blackcat1
We've been going to Paphos for the last 13 years and we think you'll love :love2 the place. Go down to the harbour and you will find plenty of boat excursions to chose from.
When it comes to driving in Cyprus we find it very relaxing generally. Having driven round europe on the wrong side of the road many times, :omg Cyprus is so easy when on the left as at home, plus, apart from the town centres the roads are quieter than here.
There is a water park in Paphos that the kids might enjoy, and also some karting past Coral Bay, just ask and you'll be directed.
If you don't fancy the driving there are jeep safaris for the family that will take you up into the Troodos and the Akamas etc.
Hope this helps, and have a lovely time. :gluck

Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
Hi Wendy,yes it does drop anchor at a beautiful little bay for about 3/4 hour,my husband who is so afraid of heights was one of the first to jump off,me who is not afraid stood there for about 1/2 hour uming and arhing "I'll jump now,oh! no I won't" other people on the boat were even saying I'll hold you hand and jump with you,it was so bad!!!!!.....Eventually I just did it,just as they were pulling the anchor up!the water is sooooo blue and crystal clear.
Hi everyone ! Just woundering if anyone has been on a Troodos jeep safari from Paphos? If so, approx how much did it cost, and was it worth it? Do you know any companys that you would recommend and any websites.
Thanks
We did it from protaras and booked through the rep. Cant emember how much sorry.

Had a great time and the driver was hilarious.
Hi

Check out AskCY's site to see what it's all about - http://askcy.com/Troodos.htm

AskCY - hope you don't mind me posting this link...

Kezza :wink:
Hi :)
We went on a jeep safari on Saturday (returned from Protaras today :) )

We paid CYP£33 for adult inc lunch and CYP£16 for child, (from protaras I know but may give some idea lol) had a great day, although steep cliff roads really aren't my favourite, :shock: :shock: but on saying that, Im so glad that I went, it was a great trip and thoroughly enjoyable ~ it was wonderful to see the "real" Cyprus.... :)

Would I recommend a trip? Most definitely....

Karen x
Hi

We went on this same boat last thursday :) it stops at a couple of places along protaras, including down by the sunrise beach and two further up, it also picks up at the jetty at Marlita beach in Pernera, it cost £13.50 for one adult and one child, drinks on board cost £1 and ice creams were a similar price too (£1-2) it goes at about 12pm from the first "pick up" and we got back there 3 hours later, goes up the coast as far as it could to see famagusta (although couldnt see much) and then down to Cape Greco, where it "anchored" for 30 mins for people to swim, there was also a scuba diving lady on board who was giving "free trials", the trip was just the right length really especially with kids, but there's plenty of space on board the boat and Im glad that we went on this one. Although it says "glass bottomed" dont expect a glass bottom, :lol: it had 2 windows in the bottom of the boat....but it kept the kids amused.....
Karen

Is it really that much? :shock:

It doesnt sound that much for a couple i suppose, but as for our family of 5 (3 kids) it will cost us £114. This is cypriot currency i understand, so realistically talking its £150!

I know Turkey is another country & is cheap but last year we went on an excellent safari from Marmaris for around £50 full day meal included too.

I hope there are cheaper options!

Lloyd
Before anyone says anything .... i dont drive lol!
Are you sure you want a jeep safari or is it just that you want to go up into the Troodos?
You don't really need to go on an organised tour. Just hire a car! There are certainly some unmetalled roads but there are an increasing number which are being tarmaced. If you anticipate going over the worst potholes then make sure you get a 4-wheel-drive - not so much because you're likely to need the 4-wheel element as because they have higher clearance above the road!
If you want to do the totally off-road bit and try to get sea-sick you might find a 'jeep safari' around the Akamas will do - and probably not be quite so expensive as not so far. Even so, most of the Akamas could be 'done' on a self-drive basis - with better views and more opportunity to stop when you want than you would find in an organised tour.
However, you wouldn't get the entertaining commentaries, of course!
The 'safari' prices do tend to include lunch, so take into account what you would spend for lunch anyway.
have a great time, however you do it!
Clare
Oh whoops!
Didn't read the bit about not driving!
Maybe you could link up with someone who does?
Clare
Hi

as someone who can drive, would I drive up those mountains? Not on your nelly lol, there were some other trips which were more coach based visits up the mountains and included a visit with Nicosia which were cheaper, however the jeep safari was that much (take of £5 for lunch altho it was well worth it lol) I needed the 6 glasses of wine to allow me to take my hands of the bars :lol:
It was one of the more expensive trips, but as Im someone who doesnt tend to return to the same place twice, I knew that it would be a chance to see something that I wouldnt see again....the view (when brave enough lol) was amazing, but there is no way that I would actually drive up there, 4 wheeled drive or not.

Another option could be getting a taxi trip for the day, someone in our apartments did this and this may be something you could consider....depends if you want to do the "off road" white knuckle rides :lol: :shock: :lol:
Dont whatever you do book the full day cruise with Paphos Sea Cruises. The most boring day of my hol!! :(

You are supposed to go up by Lara Bay etc but as the sea was choppy took us to Aphrodites Rock. We were stranded for two hours as the boat ran out of engine oil and all we could do was watch the pilots training at Paphos Airport.

Okay it was an accident running out of oil but the folks on the boat were seething. Me I was just bored. I have heard lots of similar reports so beware!! For £34 per person it aint worth it.

Apart from that everything else was fantastic and our rep at the timeshare at Paradise Kings Resort made our holiday brilliant (Wendy). It is a beautiful relaxing place to stay.

Third time in Paphos and defo not the last. :D

Anne
I'm off to Cyprus-Protaras-in Aug and am wanting to go on either the 2 day cruise to Egypt or the 1 day flight there. Booked the Hol with Going places who don't seem to offer and excursions like Thomson etc do!!
Can anyone advise how they booked their excursions and who through...I've found a company called Louis Cruises who seem ok but I don't want to be dwindled out of any hard earned cash!!

Please please help!! Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!!

xx
Hi,

Last year when in Ayia Napa we done the flight to Egypt through our rep (First Choice) however, the trip was with Louis Tours - couldnt fault them, a brilliant day out and the tour guide was very knowledgeable and made the stories fun and interesting using passengers to act out scences from history etc. It was expensive but well worth it. Its more expensive to fly but we spoke to others who went on the cruise and they said they wish they had flown as they spent a lot of time travelling. I wouldnt hesistate booking direct with Louis again as I couldnt fault it.

Sorry for waffeling on but hope this is helpful.

Have a great time.
Max
Hi

We booked through Going Places, but was Airtours and Mytravel group, they do have a selection of tours, this did include a trip to Cairo by air but this was prices at CYP£205 per adult.....they did do various other trips too....all of which were bookable via the rep

However, we booked our couple of excursions via an office in Pernera called Thisvi travel, they also have several shops along the strip in Protaras and they did lots of trips including the Egypt trips too, the lady we spoke to was English and really helpful and unlike the reps "pushing" trips even if they werent that suitable, the lady in Thisvi didnt at all, even told us that a couple of trips werent suitable for myself and my son.
:) hope that helps

Karen x
hi the Louis group is the one i use for all my excursions when on cyprus, there may be cheaper but louis have been going for years and seem to be well respected

wizard
Thanks for everyones help so far!!
Does the Louis group offer flights to Egypt or just cruises? I've searched the website and can't seem to find anything.
I booked the holiday through Going places also...would people recommend booking excursions before I travel eg through the Louis website, or to wait until I get there and speak to the Rep??

The place called Thisvi travel sounds really good-thanks for that Karen!!

xx
Lala - I wouldn't recommend you booking with the rep until you check out the local travel offices in your resort. You'd kick yourself if you found it cheaper, and I'm sure youll find it cheaper than Airtours. Just be aware that's its a very long day starting at about 6am :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.