A must see is Tomb of the Kings...it's incredible! Then there's the Mosaics

another excellent site. As carolh said the jeep safari is very worth while as

is a trip into the mountains. I'll be making a trip to the Kykkos Monastery

this time as I've never managed before :D

There is so much to see in Cyprus that I could go on for ages. Anything

else just ask :lol:

Helenxx
Hi Helen,
We went to the Kykkos Monastery on the Troodos Mountains tour. It was very nice - very interesting.
We also did our own trip to Polis and Latchi (bus to the Market from Paphos, then another bus to Polis, then another bus to Latchi!) Quite an adventure but it was great fun! You have to find out the times of the buses to and from Polis and there is only 1 bus per day from Polis to Latchi (around lunchtime) and 1 bus back to Polis(around 3.30pm) We loved Latchi - very picturesque harbour and lovely eating places - especially the one with the tartan tablecloths - we had a fabulous tuna salad lunch there and the owners made us feel very welcome.
Thanks for that ebjb, thats another trip on the agenda :lol:

I'll look out for the tartan tableclothes :lol:

Helenxx
The jeep safari is brilliant.
could anyone tell me are there any really good boat trips in protaras? remember my age !! i don't want to end up with the young team on a wild trip and ending up getting thrown overboard :shock: just a wee jaunt that will last most of the day with a few beers on the deck!! ta much . Scot's peter :arrow:
hi peter

when we were in protaras last year we went on a half day trip from the jetty in front of sunrise beach hotel.the trip goe's up the coast to famagusta [but not very close] then it turns and heads to cap greko where they stop to let you have a swim for an hour or so.you can get a beer on the boat but i think the choice is pretty limited . it was pretty good for a short trip if only to see the amazingly clear deep blue sea on that part of the coast. hth willie
You can also sit with your legs through the safety rails at the front as you splash through the waves! exhilarating! Well worth it but you will need binoculars to see Famagusta.
Tez
I agree with the 2posts above. This trip is well worth it-you get to see Famagusta (take binoculars for a better view) and Cape Greko.......you also get the chance to dive into the sea near Cape Greko. :fish When we went on this trip last year, there was a mixture of ages-from 8years old, upto a lady of 80! :shock: Im sure you will love every minute of it :wink:
We went on this trip and found it quite a let down really.The boat goes no-where near Famagusta so you cant really see much except tall buildings in the distance then turns round and goes along the coast to Cape Grecko which again we found dissapointing as we expected something spectacular given the write ups we had seen.It was nothing more than average cliffs and rocks.

It was OK and a chance to escape the poolside I suppose.
thanks to all for your help i think wulmacs trip sounds good as i like a dip in the sea off the boat ! as we were at konnos bay last year we know what like it is there . just brilliant!! 8)
We went on the one with Stavros watersports from Fig Tree Bay. this was in 1997.. You do need binnoculors as the boats cannot go any further, for the moment... I hope the day will come when they can take us further up the coastline,,,

The father came from there 30 years ago with nothing more than his fishing boat,,We went on to Konnos bay and this has now become my favourite place of all ..

When we went there was no booze just soft drinks and that suited us fine, I don't know what its like now. but we did enjoy it. This was when we found out about the island being divided intil then we did not really know very much
elizabeth
We went on the boat trip from the Sunrise Hotel,its the Coca Cola boat and we had a great time,we went on it at the very last minute so had no supplies,so had to buy something on the boat.A can of Amstel cost us £2 cypriot pound and a bag of crisps was £1 cyp but thats how they make their money and it was our fault for not being more prepared!!.....
It was a really relaxing trip,okay you don't really see that much of Famagusta but it was nice to get off the beach and do something different.
When you get to Cape Greco you get the chance to jump of the boat which I di eventually........just as they were about to take up the anchor.........small kids did it with a lot less fear then me.
I would say it was worth every penny,but do take something to eat and drink with you.
Hi,

Me again, Gettig married in ayia napa next may!!
I was wondering if there are any boat trips that me and my hubby to be could go on as a mini honeymoon away from family and friends.

We would only want to go on a day excursion.

Any idea's??

Very grateful for any replies

Thanks

Stacy
Not sure if you can go from that area, but what about a one day flight to Egypt.
We are staying in Coral Bay in late July/August. I want to organise a trip to the mountains for a couple of days. Any suggestions for a good but reasonably priced hotel for 6 of us (3 rooms) which must be well placed to look around the area?
Website links or web addresses would be helpful.
Many thanks
Does anyone have a list of the excursions offered by the agent found on the main Protaras strip? I believe they have two shops in Protaras, can't remember the name though. Used them last year and would recommend. Maybe there is a web link?

Also, what weather can we expect in mid-June? I'm guessing (hoping) nice and hot?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.