Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
See you get lots a help and info on here lol will try another site folks x
Hi mazza

See you get lots a help and info on here lol will try another site folks

You have to give people a chance to respond, those that may have been on in the last 24 hrs perhaps are unable to give you the specific answers that you require and you will have to wait slightly longer on somebody giving you a detailed answer.

Although I have been to Tunisia I went with my wife and without children and to be honest I am not best placed to answer your question as are a lot of regulars.
Tunisia is very much an up and coming holiday destination for families as it has until fairly recently been mainly slightly older couples / groups that visited, no offence meant :D

You don't say what time of year you are thinking of going which is important as it makes a difference to what is open and what activities are available.

I will give you some info about Port El Kantaoui, we stayed in the Abou Sofiane which I could recommend and is located on a lovely stretch of beach about 20 minutes from the centre of PEK.

The hotel as a very good animation team who put on lots of activates particularly in high season, in low season there are not enough guests to make running a full program worthwhile, for example there were only 60 guests in the Abou sofiane 2 weeks ago and the majority were pensioners so not the most lively holiday.
In high season at the Abou Sofiane there is a full program and facilities include, tennis, volleyball, archery, shooting, pool games, football etc.
There is also water sports including parascending, pedalos and jet skis available from the beach during the summer.

In PEK it's self there is a small Amusement Park (Hannibal Park), Oasis Park Botanical Garden and Zoo and the Aqua Palace Water Park http://www.acquapalace.com/ I haven't been in to any of them so cant help you more info about them.
There is also a superb golf course in PEK if that should appeal to you and if you fancy any kind of boat trip they are all available from the Marina area in PEK..

I like PEK because it is very clean and I find that you don't get too much hassle from shop keepers to buy and if you want to go to Sousse it is only a few Dinar on the bus or by either a taxi or TUK TUK.

There are several other resorts available including Sousse, Monastir, Hammamet etc that I can't give you any help with :que

Here are some pictures

Abou Sofiane http://family.webshots.com/album/568524044KRULeu?vhost=family

Port El Kantaoui http://travel.webshots.com/album/568540283GrfKwP?vhost=travel

Graham
Thanks graham for your reply,
But other people posted after me with the words first time to tunisia so maybe i posted wrong wording but got replys no bother .
I do youse holiday truths a lot but in another forum as i find you get very good feedback i was trying to get information for my sister who would like to try tunisia in june .
So once again graham thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions very good information .

Kind regards mazza
first time to tunisia thread was posted by myself about a month ago :tup
Hi mazza I hope your sister gets the info she requires :tup

But other people posted after me with the words first time to tunisia so maybe i posted wrong wording but got replys no bother .

The other post you refer to was actually listed a month before and was asking for information on hotels in Tunisia which will get a quicker response as most visitors use them so are able to give an opinion while as I mentioned Tunisia has not yet generally got a large family visitor base, so this means you might have to wait for a reply.

I do youse holiday truths a lot but in another forum as i find you get very good feedback...

I can understand that it is frustrating not getting an answer quickly but the Tunisia forum is TINY :( with very few visitors / posters particularly compared to the Costa Blanca Discussion Forum that you mostly use so this means that it is the regulars on here that provide the information and as most of us have visited Tunisia without children we can't help you just as much as we would like to.

Hopefully somebody that has visited Tunisia with children and can help will pop in soon and give you some more information.

If you have visited any Tunisian resorts can you help mazza with information??

Graham :cheers
I visited PEK and tunisia for the first time last october , it was only hubby and myself
unless you are going for a relaxing beach holiday i personally think your 14 yr old will be very bored . A lot of entertainment will be hotel based , the hotels will have sport facilities for you to use . there are lots of trips and sight seeing to do but if your only going for a week then its going to be a lot to fit in .
tunisia is very laid back and you wont get the atmosphere from a bar that you would in spain .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.